WTB 10ft - 11ft Nymphing Rod

• Thread starter bradtheflyfisherman
  • Start date
bradtheflyfisherman

bradtheflyfisherman

Looking for a used 10ft to 11ft either 3 or 4 wt nymphing rod with a fighting butt. Unfortunately, I broke both of mine in a month span and will be doing some fishing while they are getting repaired. Thought I would start here first. Not looking for something super nice / expensive - my max budget here for a used rod is about $175. Otherwise I'll just likely buy a brand new Cortland for $250, but I'd rather start here and see if there is anything available! Shoot me a PM if you have something that fits the description.

Orvis Clearwater 10' 3wt comes in at $198 brand new and is a heck of a rod for the price.

I have a 10’4wt Orvis Clearwater in excellent condition will sell for $125.00
If interested email Roger cmhoover921@yahoo.com

Ok here’s a question....what characteristics makes this a nymphing rod? For instance, if I take this rod out to nymph primarily, how much of a disadvantage will I be at if I decide to throw streamers or drys? What drawbacks am I gonna notice?

Just curious, probably a question for the gear talk forum...haha.

But it looks like this post has probably been resolved( brad probably has his rods back or bought by now.) and I’m considering Rogers stick.

The advantage for nymphing is the length in my opinion
I have fished dry flys with it it worked just fine I don’t fish streamers much so I don’t know about that
Maurice pm sent

Back