Wild Trout Stream Survey

OhioOutdoorsman wrote:
Using regs to alter the size of the fish is another matter all together.....

What about a slot limit? Would that work...maybe not on brookie streams but maybe with browns and rainbows?

If we want to alter regulations to give us the type of fishery that we want - large, wild fish in a C and R FFO environment, thats fine. But lets be honest and say its self-derving......

I'm out of here, going to the smokies for a week of fly fishing.....look forward to everyone's conclusions when I get back.

Dear OhioOutdoorsman,

I hereby take back all the bad things I have ever said about Ohio. :-D

Seriously though, you have thought this out and I agree with everything that you have posted in this thread.

All the special regulations in the world won't make what ain't there to begin with, it really is that simple.

Regards,
Tim Murphy :)

Mike wrote:
A recent paper on some Appalachian streams concluded that brook trout in the study waters grew for only two months out of the year (during the spring) corresponding with an exceptionally high availability of terrestrial insects (a particular terrestrial insect group, in fact).

The heck with all the number crunching and conspiracy theories; what "particular terrestrial insect species group" fly should I be hurriedly tying up at the bench?

Bamboozle wrote:

The heck with all the number crunching and conspiracy theories; what "particular terrestrial insect species group" fly should I be hurriedly tying up at the bench?

I was thinking the same thing-- what is this a lasagna recipe or something?

Bamboozle wrote:
Mike wrote:
A recent paper on some Appalachian streams concluded that brook trout in the study waters grew for only two months out of the year (during the spring) corresponding with an exceptionally high availability of terrestrial insects (a particular terrestrial insect group, in fact).

I don't understand the part about the conspiracy theories. I didn't see any in the entire thread. But yes I would also be interested in knowing what "particular insect group" we're talking about.

I'm guessing the insect is the green inchworm.

Back