Why do people put fish on rocks for pictues????

I have a saying that "Bugs are a Fly Fisherman's Best friend". And a hat that says, "Please Bug Me" with an embroidered Brown Trout on it.

I love these threads.

I find that most trout flop around a lot if I just lay them on the rock, therefore I like to whack their head on the rock a few times before setting up the pic.

could we do a "what indicator color..." thread next?

troutfanatic wrote:
I love these threads.

I find that most trout flop around a lot if I just lay them on the rock, therefore I like to whack their head on the rock a few times before setting up the pic.

could we do a "what indicator color..." thread next?

Sometimes they still twitch, better to put them on the rock go fish for ten minutes, take pic and release. They hold still much better.

Ima try that this weekend. Sometimes I ran a nylon stringer through the gills to take underwater shots, but only with rainbows.

troutfanatic wrote:
Ima try that this weekend. Sometimes I ran a nylon stringer through the gills to take underwater shots, but only with rainbows.

Here's a trout pro tip.Find a heavy rock underwater and put the other end of the nylon rope beneath it. For some reason the trout tend float up to the surface all wierd like, ruins the pic.

I know what trout look like .

I don't need a picture.

It is better to brag about the trophy trout without pictures, than to put photos on this forum and have your catch downsized. :)

I seen Krayfish video a large brown trout; just barely lifted the fish from the water out of the net back into the river. And gone.

Then he threw the camera in the river too, which I thought was over the top, but hey, what ever makes you happy!

Last march I caught the biggest US brown, I have caught to date. I was fishing with a buddy. He runs up to net it. I hand him the camera, he hands me the net. I do a couple hero shots and back in the crick.

Overly pleased with myself, I go back to the car and let him fish the rest of the run.

I turn on the camera, hit menu and find out there's no SD card in the damn thing.

Not only did I not have a pic of that fish, but I also had no pics from that day, period.

the next day we fished the same water and had the iphone ready. Not a single fish over 12-13"

Never really understood the premise behind taking photos with a fish you caught. The excitement is in the actual landing... not the photo?

Sure, secure the image for posterity, but I think of it this way. Before there were cameras, and you hooked a nice one, it made the experience much more poignant and stronger because it was you and the fish and the experience was forever embedded in memory.

The Flintstone Method:
Lay fish on rock, stomp it as hard as you can, keep lots of pressure and then hang fossil on wall.

I guess Smeagol is not C&R... Or perhaps Peter Jackson is to blame for authorizing this shot? 0:27 for the beginning of the relevant part.

I guess the answer to the million dollar question is: "it's to difficult to take a selfie with the fish hanging out of your mouth."

Back