Where to do some winter fly fishing?

brandozer317

brandozer317

I am located in Western Pa. Anybody know where I can find some decent winter fishing outside of driving to Central Pa? Thanks.

I would look at the fall trout stocking schedule and find some location s close to you and fish.

Laurel highlands have some nice streams. I live in Plum and will head there when I don't feel like driving to central pa

The Yough should keep you busy.

Thanks guys... I think I am going to head down to the Yough in the next couple weeks if I can.

Chasing natives in the many streams scattered throughout the laurel highlands helps cure my wintertime fishing blues.

I went to Neshannock Creek last Sunday. From my house in Pittsburgh, its about an hour away up I-79, not sure where you are.

Stream looked good, water a bit cold, only caught 2 on midges. It's getting colder through so might get slushy.

Dubtheflyfisher wrote:
Chasing natives in the many streams scattered throughout the laurel highlands helps cure my wintertime fishing blues.

Yup. Tons of streams in the Laurel Highlands that have hungry fish all winter eager to feed. The trickiest part is finding water that isnt ice over or warm enough that the fish are feeding.

If I were out there Id be at the allegheny

Back