What’s Your Favorite Stream No One Else Has Ever Heard Of?

Oh yeah. If you didn’t have salmon egg oil all over your jeans and sweatshirt your stringer was probably empty.😂
Those jars of eggs smell so, so disgusting.....that is why I usually use kern.

OK, I will try to be serious. A stream that comes to mind is the one that started at my mother in laws springhouse as well as her neighbor's springhouse. There were no signs of anyone else fishing it and am not sure it even has a name, but it did have native brookies. When I would take my wife to visit her mother, you know where I spent most of my time. The only thing that would draw me away from it was my mother in law's cooking. That women could sure cook and bake, may she rest in peace.
Kind of like my college girl friend that lived outside Mercer. She could cook as most country girls could and there was a crick that started at her parents spring house. Brookies galore. In fact an older lady had a pet trout on a spring fed branch that ran in front of her house. There was a stone lined "pond" on that spring that I was told was used to raise Carp. A German thing? GG

I had zero intent for anyone being serious when I started this thread.

That was obvious, but I decided to tell the story anyway.

Auges Run. Cedar Creek,(people have heard about it but few people fish it and it's not for no reason) Sage Run, Lamson run.

Auges Run. Cedar Creek,(people have heard about it but few people fish it and it's not for no reason) Sage Run, Lamson run.
Lamson used to have cohos back in the day.. prob the only trib that they spawned in successfuly..

I read somewhere that the only secret fishing spots are the ones that have no fish. Maybe not quite true.....

Shhhh...

BTW - If you are the Mary K. I think you are, I hope to see more of you on PAFF!!

Why would anybody give up an answer? I don't want more people on my stream.
Some of the stream names get lost over the years. I imagine logging companies named all the small creeks as they planned lumbering operations in the early 1900’s. Naming them would be helpful for planning purposes.

The old timers went by these names and passed them on to a “near old timer” like me. Once in an awhile you run into a map in a very old hunting camp that has the names on it. Otherwise the stream name is lost.

Some of the stream names get lost over the years. I imagine logging companies named all the small creeks as they planned lumbering operations in the early 1900’s. Naming them would be helpful for planning purposes.

The old timers went by these names and passed them on to a “near old timer” like me. Once in an awhile you run into a map in a very old hunting camp that has the names on it. Otherwise the stream name is lost.
One of the requirements of the USGS naming protocols is to research the stream to see if it had a name at one time in the past. I found that to be the case with Valley Run in eastern Berks County on a a map from 1854. We (Perkiomen Valley TU) re-submitted the name (as it was considered an unnamed tributary at the time), and it was accepted by the USGS.

Back