What’s Your Favorite Stream No One Else Has Ever Heard Of?

Why would anybody give up an answer? I don't want more people on my stream.

Shhhh! Don’t tell anybody else, but the North Branch of Spotburn Creek in Hoople County has tons of 5 pound brookies. It’s all open in Hoople County Park. Valet Parking, and volunteer gillies. 8 fish limit that the gillies will clean for you while you take a hot shower in the changing rooms. On Thursdays the beer truck parks with a selection of Pennsylvania craft breweries for $1.00 a pint.

PS I didn’t listen to the warning from Wavy Gravy at Woodstock and tried the brown acid.

But is does have a wild BT population that expanded downstream for about a mile to the confluence with the Perkiomen and I would credit your Chapter’s tree plantings on the flat lands between Rt 100 and the mouth with the BT population downstream expansion from the higher gradient stretch decades later as those trees grew enough to shade that former low gradient meadow section.
Thank you. Yes, the trout did spread downstream. Not a lot of access and not easy to cast a fly in most sections, but it was important to improve the tributary. The main stem from Hereford down to Palm seems to have trout spreading downstream. One of the farms we couldn't do fencing and buffer planting has since retired and the riparian area is coming back on its own. If you build it, they will come.

Shhhh! Don’t tell anybody else, but the North Branch of Spotburn Creek in Hoople County has tons of 5 pound brookies. It’s all open in Hoople County Park. Valet Parking, and volunteer gillies. 8 fish limit that the gillies will clean for you while you take a hot shower in the changing rooms. On Thursdays the beer truck parks with a selection of Pennsylvania craft breweries for $1.00 a pint.

PS I didn’t listen to the warning from Wavy Gravy at Woodstock and tried the brown acid.
I think the brown acid worked.

There is about a 250 yard stretch of a Trib that I scouted a few years ago.
It is on a property w vacant house & barn.

Multiple great qualities here.

As much as REALLY I like this stretch,
I only go 1-2 x /yr....just to keep it fresh and special for me.

When I arrive, I am always prepared that property might b newly posted.

As u can see, others also enjoying the access, working on their short game targeting the birdhouse post.

Attachments

• PXL_20240211_212104294.jpg
    PXL_20240211_212104294.jpg
    489.8 KB · Views: 75
Don't be a gatekeeper, give me those coordinates!
If you come with me, I'd be glad to show you. I'm not sharing with the entire site, hahaha!

If you come with me, I'd be glad to show you. I'm not sharing with the entire site, hahaha!
Well that’s kind of selfish! After I’ve shared my Honey Hole!

I think you may be taking this thread a little too literally.

There is about a 250 yard stretch of a Trib that I scouted a few years ago.
It is on a property w vacant house & barn.

Multiple great qualities here.

As much as REALLY I like this stretch,
I only go 1-2 x /yr....just to keep it fresh and special for me.

When I arrive, I am always prepared that property might b newly posted.

As u can see, others also enjoying the access, working on their short game targeting the birdhouse post.

It’s a hooded 4 iron. You start it off low and turn it over. The kid in the picker cart loves it.

That’s the problem with amateur golf these days. Nobody can hit an iron below a 7 iron or so.

Well that’s kind of selfish! After I’ve shared my Honey Hole!

I think you may be taking this thread a little too literally.
Nah, not really. I'm aways glad to share!

I have a reoccurring dream about a stream. It started about 25 years ago. Hits me about 6-8 times a year. In the beginning of the dream. I wake up from slipping and hitting my head on a rock and loosing consciousness. I’m fishing by myself. I can’t remember the name of the stream I’m on, or which way I need to walk out.

It is a medium mountain freestone stream maybe 15-20 feet wide with no rifles. Just plunge pools between waterfall holes. Despite my injuries and confusion I decide to press on, steadily working upstream. I never catch anything.

I can’t stop peaking around the next bend. I can’t stop making just one more cast. The dream always just ends with me never finding the headwater or a trib. The stream never looses flow as I head up stream and is never off color. It’s my favorite stream, it always skunks me and I’m pretty sure it’s one you’ve never heard off.

This stream flows down a mountain through a pristine virgin Forest. The water comes from deep with in the earth, the water so pure and cold. Deep plunge pools flowing in to long stretches of pocket water. The adverage brook trout #2, who take a fly and fight like they are #20. Easy access and not posted. The location only known to the most devout fly fisherman. The stream is called Shangri-La. If you close your eyes and clear your mind you can be there in a few minutes.

I have a reoccurring dream about a stream. It started about 25 years ago. Hits me about 6-8 times a year. In the beginning of the dream. I wake up from slipping and hitting my head on a rock and loosing consciousness. I’m fishing by myself. I can’t remember the name of the stream I’m on, or which way I need to walk out.

It is a medium mountain freestone stream maybe 15-20 feet wide with no rifles. Just plunge pools between waterfall holes. Despite my injuries and confusion I decide to press on, steadily working upstream. I never catch anything.

I can’t stop peaking around the next bend. I can’t stop making just one more cast. The dream always just ends with me never finding the headwater or a trib. The stream never looses flow as I head up stream and is never off color. It’s my favorite stream, it always skunks me and I’m pretty sure it’s one you’ve never heard off.
I dream about the same imaginary stream regularly too. I wish I could fish with my friends there because it’s nice water. I’ve seen a lot of big trout and salmon, but never landed any.

This stream flows down a mountain through a pristine virgin Forest. The water comes from deep with in the earth, the water so pure and cold. Deep plunge pools flowing in to long stretches of pocket water. The adverage brook trout #2, who take a fly and fight like they are #20. Easy access and not posted. The location only known to the most devout fly fisherman. The stream is called Shangri-La. If you close your eyes and clear your mind you can be there in a few minutes.
I know it well. Used to be a rustic campground there by the same name.

The Allegheny River . I have caught more species of fish in that waterway than any other. From Green Drakes in the Headwaters to Gar, Pike, Bass and Carp in Downtown Pittsburgh.

OK, I will try to be serious. A stream that comes to mind is the one that started at my mother in laws springhouse as well as her neighbor's springhouse. There were no signs of anyone else fishing it and am not sure it even has a name, but it did have native brookies. When I would take my wife to visit her mother, you know where I spent most of my time. The only thing that would draw me away from it was my mother in law's cooking. That women could sure cook and bake, may she rest in peace.

I had zero intent for anyone being serious when I started this thread.

No, but if you're telling the truth, it was certainly easy to find which one you mean.

Don't worry, though, I will practically never drive SW from MiffCo to trout fish... Out of all directions to travel, that would be my last choice from my house.
I just realized that I was directionally challenged and wrote southwest when I meant southeast......dagnabbit.

Anyone else planning to drown worms on opening day while casting over 15 other peoples' lines in the same "hole?" Just me....oh.....

Have you guys ever noticed that trout fishermen that are not REAL trout fishermen seem to only think that trout can be found in the "holes?"

Back