what PA stream do you wish was not posted?

I can't remember what I did in 2011....but it probably was similar to living a "fishing bum" lifestyle. Excessive drinking, too.
That was me in the 00's. The good ol days that I can't remember.

Spruce if I only had one choice.
I've had the chance to fish some of private water 2 different times, over long stretches.

It's not all that good. It's loaded up with hatchery trout that they feed with pellets. And the land along the stream is not managed very well. The cows are very close to the stream. Some riparian areas are managed with closely mowed grass. A corn field is right next to a long stretch of stream.

It has the POTENTIAL to be a very good stream, with better management, but right now it's not that great.

Regarding Kitchen creek:

I've hiked the glens natural area a few times.
That's such a popular area that can get quite crowded.
In a narrow gorge where the stream runs tight against the trails.
Probably a good idea to not allow fishing there.

I'm wondering if you can fish below the waterfall loop though
The gorge seems to open up there, and fishing might be less of a problem there

I have fished Kitchen creek just below the highway crossing downstream - 118?
And had some fun there

You are indeed correct fine Sir, it is indeed Rt. 118.

If I had to chose it would be all the streams in Pa. If your going to wish, wish big. Spruce if I only had one choice.
Dear stasche,

I'll agree with your first sentence 100%. My choice would be Antes Creek. I've driven along it more times than I care to count, and the creek is absolutely a limestone creek. It's not exactly remote, but I've often wondered about it as I drove along it.

Regards,

Tim Murphy :)

I honestly wish PA had the same "feet wet" laws of some other states. Hard to keep it to a few, as my wandering spirit wishes to fish EVERYWHERE. But I guess there a a few that really irritate me. Mainly the high dollar private clubs (which shall not be named). Let's just say Spruce Creek and Elk. 😉

20 mile creek in Erie, near the tressel on rt5. That hole used (and I'm sure still is when the run's on) to be loaded with chrome. Sucks not only because you can't fish there anymore, but also because it jams things up even more with anglers.
That stretch reopened to the public this year. PAFBC signed an easement.

Good to know. Thanks.

Antes Creek is NOT the stream you think it is! I've done my research and contacted a bunch of people who have property along the stream. I guess there is a very heavy source of pollution that enters that stream (might be a pig farm but I honestly can't remember). Because the stream is all posted there is little done to stop the pollution. Are there wild fish in there? Sure I'm guessing some but its not a great as the water makes it out to look like.

Antes Creek is NOT the stream you think it is! I've done my research and contacted a bunch of people who have property along the stream. I guess there is a very heavy source of pollution that enters that stream (might be a pig farm but I honestly can't remember). Because the stream is all posted there is little done to stop the pollution. Are there wild fish in there? Sure I'm guessing some but its not a great as the water makes it out to look like.
Antes Creek has wild browns. I got invited to fish with landowners who have a section of the creek. It was during a cold time of year, but we caught a few small wild browns.

Antes Creek has wild browns. I got invited to fish with landowners who have a section of the creek. It was during a cold time of year, but we caught a few small wild b
Yup thats what I would have expected! I guess if all the property owners along Antis Creek would get a lawyer they could get things changed BUT I guess its not happening and since its all private land the PFBC and DEP or whoever else it could be is just overlooking the situation.

Yup thats what I would have expected! I guess if all the property owners along Antis Creek would get a lawyer they could get things changed BUT I guess its not happening and since its all private land the PFBC and DEP or whoever else it could be is just overlooking the situation.
I didn't notice any negative conditions on my visit. That doesn't mean there aren't any. I just didn't observe any.

Grassmere used to be the FFO section. It's now posted and probably has been for 5-6 years. We did have a DH-ALO area near the Benton town line. It's now posted! Welcome to A&E's new show: Access Wars!!
What a shame. I used to fish it often. I caught a 19 inch stocked rainbow just downstream from Grasmere using a method taught to me by Dave Rothrock.

Is this the third thread in a month or so to come back from a decade or more of death? What is going on around here?
On my part, senility🤪and excess alcohol consumption.

Back