what PA stream do you wish was not posted?

SixPenny in Berks, Parts of Yellow Creek in Bedford County, and Spruce all come to mind

Upper and lower sections of Codorus Creek, Elk Creek, Spruce Creek, and the "Farm Section" on Falling Springs (can't remember the farm name).

Several of you have posted cedar run in cumberland county.
Just curious - is this the same cedar run that marinaro and fox used to fish - by mechanicsburg? They raved about it's great sulpher hatch, and fantastic fishing. I believe it had been stocked with loch leven browns
But, if I remember correctly - in their later writings, they also talked about how it went downhill from pollution.

Thats the one

Any place Donny Beaver has moved in to exclude the average PA angler.

Hope Spruce remains private and closed.

Paradise Branch in just north of Stroudsburg.

I remember when it was open, great stream to fish.

I bet it was amazing back then.

Acristickid, I'm curious can I ask why you hope Spruce remains private & closed?

I guess to pick a specific stream I'd say I wish the upper Brodhead (which includes the Paradise branch) was open. I have driven up and down it, just drooling over all that gorgeous water.

Ill have to say the Paradise branch of the brodhead also. Looks like such a great stream to fish. Im pretty sure there is a tiny section of the paradise that is open, but i forget where. And also, NJangler ill agree with you 100 times on Cherry creek in Cherry Valley. Those houses around there are HUGE, and so are the fish. I had talked about that stream with a good friend of mine. They did some stream and bank work on it, with help of the funds of that fly fishing club thats down on the banks of the stream. Anyone know the name of that club? I heard its 90 grand to be in it every year!

1st vote: Kitchen!! Totally. 'cept why did they let Barry and Cathy fish it for that calendar last year? Asshats!

2nd: A "hanging-chad" vote would be for the Grassmere Park area of Fishing Creek (Columbia Co.)

3rd: I gotta vote for the "million dollar hole" on the 'Sock off of 154 and Shanenburg Run. The rich "bag full of antiseptic vinegar feminine vaginal lavage fluid" from NJ posted it so he can watch "his fish" suck down flies during the evening hatch.

The rich "bag full of antiseptic vinegar feminine vaginal lavage fluid" from NJ

:lol:

jjsjigs wrote:
1st vote: Kitchen!! Totally. 'cept why did they let Barry and Cathy fish it for that calendar last year? Asshats!

2nd: A "hanging-chad" vote would be for the Grassmere Park area of Fishing Creek (Columbia Co.)

3rd: I gotta vote for the "million dollar hole" on the 'Sock off of 154 and Shanenburg Run. The rich "bag full of antiseptic vinegar feminine vaginal lavage fluid" from NJ posted it so he can watch "his fish" suck down flies during the evening hatch.

Hey Jigs, what's the story with Grassmere Park? Is the section that was formerly the SR FF area posted? I haven't fished there in a long time.

Grassmere used to be the FFO section. It's now posted and probably has been for 5-6 years. We did have a DH-ALO area near the Benton town line. It's now posted! Welcome to A&E's new show: Access Wars!!

Access Wars!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

Shame. FC is a really nice crick. It stays fairly cool all summer and holds many wild trout as well as hold-overs.

It's really DonnyBeav's and the Beck's fault. The owner of the pumpkin farm where the DH-ALO area was/is somewhat associated with both the Becks and DonnyBeav.

Me thinks that they convinced the new landowner to post it. Not entirely sure on that theory... but 90% sure. Can someone here from the Benton area on the site confirm this?

First time I went to kitchen I assumed you could fish... state park, and I walked south to the park border thinking it would be less crowded. No signs on stream and just had this nice fishing trip back up to the road where someone told me. Acid rain doesnt seem to affect kitchen as much as EBFC just ten miles away or so...

Antes and Kitchen would be my first chaoices. I believe I read somewhere that something in Ricketts will said there should be no activity that impacts the land he left to the Commonwealth, but C & R would be no to low impact. Trouble is the meat guys would go in a harvest all the fish and they'd be gone. They'll ruin it for eveyone. It's a place that is likely to hold heritage brookies that has to be considered too.

JJ,
With all due respect, that hole on the Sock is not worth the trouble worrying about. There is far too much water that is a lot better fishing than that place.

By the way, your hellgies look awesome!

steliejim....

It's more of memories fishing that hole over the years. I've caught a lot of trout out of that area. I desperately wanted to take my sons there to learn how to fish dries.... (13yrs and 5 yrs old) .

I agree there are better spots on the 'sock. That spot is just my own personal cross to bear... know what I mean?

Thanks for the complement on the Hellies... they fish great for bass on the NB Suskie. I'm thinking a brown may fall on the 'sock with one of those too!

Back