what PA stream do you wish was not posted?

JJ,
I guess when you put it that way, the place is special to you. The Sock was my favorite stream for over 20 years, but it's not what it once was. I'm still gonna have to get my 4 year old boy up there a few times a year starting next year. Show him where the old man spent many a great day.

Antes creek for sure. There're great spots everywhere, along with posted signs

Paradise Branch in just north of Stroudsburg.

Yes, all of the upper Brodhead watershed including Paradise, parts of Cherry, etc!

I remember looking for unposted land as far back as the 80s on some of that gorgeous water long before the Price Preserve purchases at least opened up more of the Brodhead and before the McMichaels acquisitions.

Kitchen Creek: How a stream running through a state park and open to the public to enjoy cannot be fished is ridiculous. Yep I would love to drive 2.5 hrs just to stare at trout in the water. wtf? as for safety, thats just bs too since many parks and forests have dangerous falls. cliffs and ravines open and not shut off to public use.

My choice in eastern Pa: Cherry Creek in Monroe. To look at it you'd swear it was fallfish/chub water as it slowly wanders through overgrown farm country but its loaded with all three species and always has good flows and temps because of limestone influences. the uppermost section had a whopping trout biomass 278 kg/ha or nearly 7x the state minumum for class "A" status.

in talking to the cherry valley NWR people they say as they acquire lands in the valley, fishing will be allowed. can't wait!

I agree! Have you done a day pass on Cherry, then?

Yes, all of the upper Brodhead watershed including Paradise, parts of Cherry, etc!

I remember looking for unposted land as far back as the 80s on some of that gorgeous water long before the Price Preserve purchases at least opened up more of the Brodhead and before the McMichaels acquisitions.

I agree! Have you done a day pass on Cherry, then?

My final months in Stroud were right at the time that Cherry access on the old golf course (?) was opening. I stopped by a couple times, but they were still in the middle of initial stream restoration projects and it didn't seem like a cool move to just barge it yet. Never got to fish it.

My final months in Stroud were right at the time that Cherry access on the old golf course (?) was opening. I stopped by a couple times, but they were still in the middle of initial stream restoration projects and it didn't seem like a cool move to just barge it yet. Never got to fish it.
Thanks for the reply. Too funny that I did not notice that this was such an old one :)

A good thread nevertheless....

Is this the third thread in a month or so to come back from a decade or more of death? What is going on around here?

Is this the third thread in a month or so to come back from a decade or more of death? What is going on around here?
If you taught history you might know about gremlins in WW2 aircraft. The internet has them too, I think.

Wallenpaupack Creek. As youngsters (1974), me and a buddy used to fish a private section that was loaded with wild browns. Some of them were nice size fish. I wonder what this stream is like today?

Wallenpaupack Creek. As youngsters (1974), me and a buddy used to fish a private section that was loaded with wild browns. Some of them were nice size fish. I wonder what this stream is like today?
Not sure about Wallenpaupack. It used to have wild fish ..... probably still does. I went there once after I fished Butternut which is no longer stocked for Delayed Harvest. Butternut had a fair amount of wild fish in the upper mostly posted water. It is no longer stocked in the Delayed Harvest section due to posting. Butternut is a nice small stream

I think this is not a time to attack Don Beaver. He lost his wife a little more than a year ago, and she was a good person. She was active in Casting for Recovery, among other things. She also helped establish an after-school safe house for kids, where they could study, hang out for a while, and get a meal before going on to their homes. I think we need to go easy on him for a while.

I think this is not a time to attack Don Beaver. He lost his wife a little more than a year ago, and she was a good person. She was active in Casting for Recovery, among other things. She also helped establish an after-school safe house for kids, where they could study, hang out for a while, and get a meal before going on to their homes. I think we need to go easy on him for a while.
This thread and any mention of Don Beaver in it is from 2011.

Cook's Creek. A generation ago, I fished it. It wasn't all posted then. Some of the lower good water was through. Only fished it a couple of times. Had a great time with good hatches of little black stones in March.

The Devil has his press agent.
Could not care less.
Ted Kaczynxki was a great mathematical mind.
As much as civility is gone, missed and sorely needed, I'll have to say I bet the tea in the Kremlin is fantasic.

If I had to chose it would be all the streams in Pa. If your going to wish, wish big. Spruce if I only had one choice.

Back