What Is Your Stream Side Go To Saminich?

fadeaway263

fadeaway263

I have been eating a WaWa Bologna and Cheese with spicy brown mustard on white mushy bread for years. WaWa no longer sells this sandwich which is making me think of other options.

Most frequently a classic PB/J on white. Sometimes crunchy, sometimes creamy on the PB depending on my mood. It's been crunchy more of late. Blackberry jam.

My favorite though is homemade pepperoni bread that I make, but that requires time and foresight. WV style pepperoni roll dough, sliced pepperoni, string mozzerella cheese. I'll usually make it for a few of my long weekend type trips each year.

Lebanon balogna, provolone cheese, and a beer.

Beer, don't have time for that eating nonsense. If I have one, plain ol ham.

Pastrami and New York State (Cuba) sharp white cheddar with light layers of little spicy brown mustard and real horseradish. Or substitute hot red pepper relish for the horseradish. Not salsa, relish.

On a Kaiser..

I usually have a PB&J sandwich and a can of Vienna sausages.

some red wine, cheese (imported) crackers (imported), maybe some prosciutto, or other nice meat. kippers at times as well.

Lebanon bologna, American cheese, bread heels and mayo.

When I was growin' up we called them huntin' sandwiches because that's all we ever took. No baggies allowed, (Dad was too "frugal".) Put them in an old bread bag and tie a knot in it. Make sure you squash 'em good & proper, too. The more they're squashed the better they taste...

But if I wasn't such a traditionalist it would be something simple.

Like Beef Wellington pastry wrapped with truffles and roasted brie on a French bagutte with watercress and cucumbers topped with a garlic caper aioli... Nuck, nuck, nuck...

sandfly wrote:
some red wine, cheese (imported) crackers (imported), maybe some prosciutto, or other nice meat. kippers at times as well.

+1, but only when I'm fishing with my Orvis or Winston rods on private waters do I indulge in the above. And I usually try to catch an egg laden pig female or two to squeeze some fresh caviar from for my imported crackers.

With my Redingtons, Beans, and Cabelas rods on land open to public fishing, it's the above mentioned PB/J's or pepperoni bread. And a beer...sometimes even a good one.

When I'm fishing with spinners, I usually wait to eat until I get back to my truck and make a sandwich from the bologna slices stuck to it. Only have to bring the bread thataway.

Prosciutto, capocollo, or soppressata, with fresh basil leaves, fresh mozzarella, and olive oil. I'll probably start branching out into streamside soups this year too.

Peanut butter and apple sandwich, some coffee and a Arturo Fuente cigar.

I don't think I've ever taken a sandwich along.

Pan fried wild brook trout with lemon aioli on a Martin's potato roll. Have been known to eat as many as five on one outing.

McSneek wrote:
Pan fried wild brook trout with lemon aioli on a Martin's potato roll. Have been known to eat as many as five on one outing.

Back in the day we could eat eight. Now we can only eat five. Lol!

Mine use to be candy bars until they got too expensive.

Roast beef sandwich from Slate Run Store, with dill pickle.

sourdough, ham, copperchesse, stoneground mustard, olives and grandma utz chips

Day trip: whatever is in the fridge, often just PBJ. If traveling somewhere, possibly a stop at Subway for a Cold Cut Combo.

Backpacking: it used to be a number of whole wheat pitas, with a hunk of pepperoni and a hunk of sharp cheddar. Got tired of having to slice up the pepperoni and cheese, and I think warm cheese is disgusting, so this has morphed into pepperoni bread or pepperoni muffin.

Great thread. I seem to always stop at a Sheetz on the way and grab an MTO. Always a 6" deli on super mushy bread.

Back