What (Fishing Related) did Santa bring?

djs12354

djs12354

Santa was nice to me. I got a new depth/fish finder for the bass boat, the small tablet I wanted for the tying bench and a package of Ostrich plumes from a co-worker of Joy's.

How'd y'all do? :)

I scored a Renzetti Traveler vice and a $500.00 gift certificate to get all the fly tying tools I need to get started. Never tied before but I'm really excited to learn.

Opie

Opie610 wrote:
I scored a Renzetti Traveler vice and a $500.00 gift certificate to get all the fly tying tools I need to get started. Never tied before but I'm really excited to learn.

Opie

That's a big-time score! I have only been tying a short time and have moved from a Thompson-style to the Renzetti. Really happy with it.

For tools - there are more experienced tiers here to give advice, but I would say to start with good scissors, a couple of ceramic bobbins, a whip finisher, a second pair of scissors that you reserve for cutting wire and other things, a pair of tweezers, hackle pliers and whatever else I have forgotten. A decent tying light is a good investment.

A good reference on tying is good to have around, although there are a lot of great videos on the interweb to learn from.

Ask in the Fly Tying section for help with some basic materials to buy. If nothing else, decide what flies you want to tie, and buy the material specific to tying those.

Good Luck!

Simms Vapor wading boots and some fly tying materials because you can never have too much...

Some gloves, one of those fancy mesh landing glove thingies, socks, a couple hoodies, and 2 Bass Pro Shops gift cards.

Also got Twix bars and handwarmers from my grandma :)

Hodgman hip waders (much needed), new fly line, and the books This Wonderful World of Trout and Joe Humphreys Trout Tactics from the wife.

Got the Simms Headwaters Guide Hip Pack, Simms gloves, shirt and gift certificate for a local fly shop. Also the Kuiu Chugach rain jacket. Merry Christmas.

Nothing, except for a few hours out on a stream this afternoon, with my youngest brother, catching wild Salmo Trutta.

Mrs. B bought me a Griffin Odyssey Spider Cam vise. Not sure I love the cam part, but the rest is an upgrade from my old Griffin 2A.
Mike B

An 11' 3wt sage esn :-D

Auto inflate life vest

Nothing from Santa "Fly fishing related" (but I did get a new rotary saw and a new jig saw, so that was pretty awesome...and an R2D2 coffee mug), but I did receive a nice card in the mail from DaveS along with some nice flies! Thanks Dave!

orvis clearwater 7' 4 weight. also a new flintlock to take up state tomorrow for flintlock deer season!

A cowl neck, sweater vest with a bear tooth on the collar. I think this thing is gonna give special fishing superpowers. Merry Christmas!

Nope, did score some sweet Iron Pigs bacon socks.

double time 2 days in a row to help pay for an over priced plane ticket LOL!

Bought myself a pike spear and decoys as well....should be a fun winter looking for essox!

Autographed Harvey book.

I hope everyone had a happy holiday! I scored big this year...7'6 3wt Orvis Clearwater rod w Battenkill reel for chasing the little guys, Orvis sling pack and some gift cards to field and stream. I also got a copy of Dynamic Nymphing, which I've wanted to read for some time now.

Nothing fishing related. I honestly do not need any more FF stuff. I will have some money to spend at the FF show in Somerset NJ though. My son did buy me a Ford Mustang T-shirt. Now I have the car to go along with the shirt! LOL

$100 gift certificate from Allen and a three year license (!). Yay!

Back