Attachments

• Sculp1.JPG
    Sculp1.JPG
    130.5 KB · Views: 3
Nice!!

Dave_W wrote:
A fist full of sculpins!

Very nice, indeed!

Great sculpin imitation for the skinny fish.

But don't let the fat bronze ones see them...they'll take a bite out of them thinking they're madtoms...aka stonecats.

Here is a fun tie. My friend Jack Fields has been manufacturing a new tying material he call electric wool. Here is a caddis pupa inspired by the late and great Gary LaFontaine.

Tho body is just dubbed. The vale is done it split thread wound as hackle then pulled over body. The head is also done in split thread.

GenCon

Attachments

• spupa.jpg
    spupa.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 3
Great buggy looking pupa pattern, Mike. Is the body, veil and head all done using Jack's dubbing?

dc410 wrote:
Great buggy looking pupa pattern, Mike. Is the body, veil and head all done using Jack's dubbing?

Hey John, yes it is. The body and veil are. The head is a dark brown dubbing a man named Jon Bates gave me. He does not have a name for it. But I like it. Yesterday I got some more of Jack's material in other colors. I will try them out later this week.

GenCon

Trying a new photo sharing app. Let me know if you can see these perdigons
39311326201_a2bdb43450_z.jpg

nomad_archer wrote:
Trying a new photo sharing app. Let me know if you can see these perdigons
39311326201_a2bdb43450_z.jpg

The pic is up. Nice ties! For some reason, I find blues and purples work well in the winter.

Great I finally found something that works from the desktop. I would like to find someone that I can do entirely from my phone but this will work for now.

I found purples to work year round and as you said blue is definatley killer in the winter.

I have been MIA for awhile here but I never quite tying I just got frusterated with various photo sharing apps inability to provide an easy means to share photos to web forums.

Here is a craft bead experiment in #18. Spikey Squirell dub veil
inspired by GenCon.

25445594548_1a2fc89494_c.jpg

nomad_archer wrote:
Here is a craft bead experiment in #18. Spikey Squirell dub veil
inspired by GenCon.

25445594548_1a2fc89494_c.jpg

Very nice. I will take that as a compliment!

GenCon

Dave's Swimming Scud...

Attachments

• scd9.JPG
    scd9.JPG
    104.3 KB · Views: 2
nwcPwQf.jpg

xMN9uo3.jpg

PPjbhPC.jpg

ApVkkDq.jpg

thank you nomad

263a7m1.jpg

15qt4e8.jpg

Beautiful ties as usual, Norm.

Nice tie Nomad. Great pattern! I love fishing a Picket Pin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back