>>>What Are You Tying Today? Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
nfrechet wrote:
btw8sLU.jpg

IF THAT IS PEACOCK IN THE BODY, WITH THE EXCEPTION OF ADDING A GOLD BEAD AND SOME BLACK CRYSTAL FLASH TO THE TAIL, THIS IS MY GO TO LAKE FLY WHEN PROSPECTING. I PARTICULARLY LIKE TROLLING THIS FROM THE FLOAT TUBE IN DEEPER LAKES. NICE.

Basic peacock soft hackle. I am really looking forward to swinging these during the grannoms. Easily one of my favorite ways to catch trout and one of the best hatches on my local streams.

Attachments

• IMG_20180209_094210636-1008x756.jpg
    IMG_20180209_094210636-1008x756.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 4
I've been on a thing kick lately and have just been tying lots of my staples everyday. My supply of flies was getting low. I only tie occasional when I need to and when I do I go nuts and stock boxes. And then I'll realize my fly selection is getting slim and I'll restart the process.

jifigz wrote:
Basic peacock soft hackle. I am really looking forward to swinging these during the grannoms. Easily one of my favorite ways to catch trout and one of the best hatches on my local streams.

+1, peacock soft hackles are my favorite grannom fly. If i see grannoms hatching I fish almost nothing but peacock soft hackles, beaded and deep in the early morning, then when the hatch kicks off either swung or dead drifted up top. I cant stop catching fish long enough to even want to try anything else

9U8XaPK.jpg

nfrechet wrote:
9U8XaPK.jpg

I am intrigued by this fly. Recipe please! And why?

i found it here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkE9-rW34pI&t=106s

Little pheasant tail jig nymph - all purple/black everything. Added some legs for the first time - any feedback is helpful.

Attachments

• IMG_0790 (1).JPG
    IMG_0790 (1).JPG
    70.1 KB · Views: 1
sqGxdJz.jpg

bradtheflyfisherman wrote:
Little pheasant tail jig nymph - all purple/black everything. Added some legs for the first time - any feedback is helpful.

Brad it looks fine to me. Maybe a little more of a taper on the body. But thats if I am being picky. Overall nice job.

GenCon

I was inspired to tie these from Greg Strock's shop, I am calling them 'dolo-dulces', but if they are too close to Greg's I will forswear the naming and go with his. The pattern on top is one I have tied in the past with biots, but they tend to break, especially when they have caught the interest of smallies or big browns. Greg's inspiration was the use of 0-rings.

Attachments

• IMG_20180220_102404.jpg
    IMG_20180220_102404.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 1
EEjnipI.jpg

Like that trout crack a lot...might have to copy that. Is that a piece of clear tubing on top?

actually its a tan liquid lace tubing but clear can be used

My first go at hoppers. Baby Boy Hoppers (Craven's pattern) in size 12, black pattern, and tan pattern. I've got several more colors to try still.

As a new tyer, working with the deer hair has proven to be an interesting challenge after tying nymphs and wet flies throughout the winter. so far so good.

20180225_020419.jpg

20180225_020258.jpg

20180225_020105.jpg

BTeg9VC.jpg

npOUqaj.jpg

Nice flys guys.

GenCon

thanks djs12354. your post and the link it refers to provide good info. I appreciate the guidance.

I have photoshop, so i know i can resize pics by their measurement/pixel size. But i hadn't played with it enough to see what size photos result in a picture that is under the maximum FILE size allowed for uploading on the site. I'm sure i'll figure it out with a little more tinkering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back