>>>What Are You Tying Today? Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
nomad_archer wrote:
My first attempt at lefty's deceiver in #6 6xl. I am really liking the way the feather wing or tail streamers look.

Nomad, not bad for a first. Tail is a bit too long for the size hook.

GenCon

JT, nice stone. I prefer biots as well.
Salvelinus, nice nymph.

GenCon

Thanks GenCon. I will shorten it up a bit on the next one.

First try at tying a streamer.. just went at it with what I had. Any tips appreciated

Nevermind picture won't upload haha. Sorry about that

TJ, if you would like email me the pic and I will post it for you.

mwlgencon@aol.com

GenCon

hares_ear.jpg

just some hares ears with a little flash mixed with the dubbing

really need to get a camera!!!

More "painted flies."

This is one of a series of decorative flies I'm tying that include actual paintings on feathers. Tricky stuff, but I'm getting better. I need some work with feather selection and prep, as well as a better selection of ultra small brushes to get this to the standard I imagine in my mind.

Attachments

• PF12.JPG
    PF12.JPG
    102.6 KB · Views: 1
Dave this forum has no #LikeButton Awesome as always

DaveW - that is one beautiful fly!

I know we can be our own worst critic, but if those painted flies aren't up to your standard, I can't even imagine what your outcome would be when you get to that standard!

You are one skilled artisan for sure. I'm guessing you painted those three flies under a magnifying lens. Did you use paint brushes for the details or something like a pin or needle? I can't even imagine how steady your hands must be!

IMPRESSIVE!!! And thanks for sharing.

Beautiful work Dave

Kevin Compton's Tungsten Torpedo tied on a size 10 jig hook. Tied to be run as a point fly with a 5/32" tungsten bead and 15 wraps of .015 lead wire this fly will get to the bottom quickly.

Attachments

• Tungsten Torpedo 1.JPG
    Tungsten Torpedo 1.JPG
    41.8 KB · Views: 1
Good looking fly John. Nicely done.

GenCon

Rusty spinners.

Attachments

• 20160423_170201 (640x593).jpg
    20160423_170201 (640x593).jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 2
WBranch, nice job on the spinners.

GenCon

I found some small scuds (probably size 18 or 20) the other day rooting around in the cress beds on a limestone spring creek I was fishing. So I tied up some on size 18 hooks for the next time I fish that creek. Here is my first attempt at a size 18 scud, can't wait to try to tie some on 20's.

Attachments

• Scud.JPG
    Scud.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 1
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back