Warm Water Mini- JAM 7 August 2010

I'm not certain, but as a moderator, I may be able to stuff the ballot box. Anyhow, Jared once told me the redball beer from the burgh was one of his favorites.

All I know is somone stole my lager and I caught a sucker on a floating plug. What a bad day! :)

I'd be up for revisting the Juniata in the fall. Would be very pretty with fall colors on the trees and the bass might be more cooperative!

I wish i would have seen this thread earlier, I was fishing at the takout point saturday night, didnt realize it till i was switching rods(from fly to spinning) and one of the forums members mentioned that you were floating though. Oh well i just have to check this part of the forum more often.
I had a pretty good night though, i think i caught 5, the biggest was probably around 20 inches that was fat as a football and the smallest was around 12 i would guess.

Hey Adam! That was me that you met I think. When you said you weren't there for the jam I thought you meant you weren't a board member. Sorry for not introducing myself. At either rate, here are a few pics.

Boyer

Attachments

• Juniata water line.jpg
    Juniata water line.jpg
    380.1 KB · Views: 4
  • Gfen.jpg
    Gfen.jpg
    527.5 KB · Views: 4
  • EOD.jpg
    EOD.jpg
    423.6 KB · Views: 5
  • ChupaWienerCabra.jpg
    ChupaWienerCabra.jpg
    578.9 KB · Views: 6
  • Birds.jpg
    Birds.jpg
    210.8 KB · Views: 3
AdamM wrote:
I had a pretty good night though, i think i caught 5, the biggest was probably around 20 inches that was fat as a football and the smallest was around 12 i would guess.

There's a lesson to be learned here:

Just show up and fish, good night including a 20" fish.
Show up and say, "PAFF JAM!," go home a beaten man.

From here on out, I'm not attending any PAFF meet-up. I might, however, just happen to be in the same place that they start.

Gary, Adam was the guy we talked to when you brought the 'toon in, btw.

Boyer

Way to capture the look of confusion and disguist with myself on the back of that thing, what's NOT pictured is me swirling around in circles because I can't seem to get my arms to row in sync. :)

The WWI jam taught me one thing, though, there's no reason I shouldn't show up for the prime jam.

It was nice to meet up with and fish again, with PAFF friends both familiar and new. Even though the fishing was slow, it was a nice day to be out on the river.

Thanks Dave, for planning the trip in an impressively organized manner. Also, a special thanks for allowing me to spend the day with you and Benny; I owe you big time. I learned a lot, and I’ll apply the techniques and tactics you showed me.

Lots of good fish were seen, especially at the beginning. I ended up with 1 unidentified flying fish, 1 fallfish, and a +/- 8” smallmouth which threw the hook as I reached for the leader. I could see having a very memorable day there when the fish are in a more cooperative mood.

Tight lines everyone :-D

Gotya, yeah i dont look at this board every day so i missed it, i checked out the thread after i talked to you lol. Oh well. I was pissed i forgot my flashlight in my fly fishing pack when i switched rods so i had to hull *** back across the river before it was dark and because i couldnt see the bottom, it wasnt fun, lol. Oh well

AdamM wrote:
Gotya, yeah i dont look at this board every day so i missed it, i checked out the thread after i talked to you lol. Oh well. I was pissed i forgot my flashlight in my fly fishing pack when i switched rods so i had to hull *** back across the river before it was dark and because i couldnt see the bottom, it wasnt fun, lol. Oh well

I left my headlamp and hat at home, so I can certainly relate. Nice meeting you at either rate!

Boyer

This was undeniably entertaining and fan jam.

Thanks David (Fishidiot) for making this jam possible, Maurice for nice camp hosting, Geoffrey (wgmiller) for the reel.

[color=0000CC]PAFF Jam[/color]
Warm Water Mini- JAM 7 August 2010
Combined canoe/kayak float and wading trip.
Thompsontown to Millerstown, PA.

Jared, you out-did yourself! That film was terrific. i felt like I was there. You have a future in film, old man. :cool:

What a float!
Jack, who give you Photoshop lessons…?

I learned my techniques on a xerox machine. Image manipulation by computer is much easier.

Jared,
Great job - loved it.
:)

Jared, you must have got some new equipment since our steelhead outing. That was fun to watch and made me wish I had tried harder to attend. Thanks for sharing!

Wow, I don't remember it looking nearly that old timey, but you'll need to splice a scene outta COPS for it to really tick all my boxes.

Really, though, you've got a gift.

Very nice Jerod.

Back