Warm water/Juniata Jam August 26-28

jifigz

jifigz

Okay folks, it's been a few years but I'm inviting ya'll back to Granville to the Juniata River. The address is as follows:

45 Fisher Bee Lane
Granville, PA 17029

I plan to take off work friday and I'll be around all day. Please feel free to come and camp in the yard. I will have a house unlocked at all times for guests to access a restroom and a shower. There is a very nice stretch of wade-able river and a boat launch just 3 miles down river, so floats from my place to the launch are easy. Also, the float from the Mcveytown launch to my parents is longer, about 8 river miles, but a nice float. I will be providing breakfast for all guests both Saturday and Sunday morning. Other provided foods are yet to be determined, but I plan to have plenty to share. I will add more details in the coming days and I looking forward to seeing some if y'all again.

Okay folks, it's been a few years but I'm inviting ya'll back to Granville to the Juniata River. The address is as follows:

45 Fisher Bee Lane
Granville, PA 17029

I plan to take off work friday and I'll be around all day. Please feel free to come and camp in the yard. I will have a house unlocked at all times for guests to access a restroom and a shower. There is a very nice stretch of wade-able river and a boat launch just 3 miles down river, so floats from my place to the launch are easy. Also, the float from the Mcveytown launch to my parents is longer, about 8 river miles, but a nice float. I will be providing breakfast for all guests both Saturday and Sunday morning. Other provided foods are yet to be determined, but I plan to have plenty to share. I will add more details in the coming days and I looking forward to seeing some if y'all again.
Sounds like a great time - I’m going to try to make this event! I have a truck to help shuttle with room for at least 4 kayaks and up to 5 people - I’ll have a better handle on long range calendar in a few days - thank you for offering this!

Thanks Josh I’m in!!

Sounds like a great time - I’m going to try to make this event! I have a truck to help shuttle with room for at least 4 kayaks and up to 5 people - I’ll have a better handle on long range calendar in a few days - thank you for offering this!

Attachments

• 8FC2C45D-785F-48FD-A585-05190FE07854.jpeg
    8FC2C45D-785F-48FD-A585-05190FE07854.jpeg
    164.8 KB · Views: 26
  • 68389D14-0FF6-40F6-AAB4-ED65CC73783A.jpeg
    68389D14-0FF6-40F6-AAB4-ED65CC73783A.jpeg
    252 KB · Views: 27
Ugh. My parents 50th wedding anniversary that weekend, my brother and I are throwing them a party Saturday night.

It's POSSIBLE. Just possible, I could take Friday off work and join just for the day on Friday. I have to see how things shake out. If so, would be bringing 1 kayak, have a 2nd if anyone needs. Car is able to transport 2 yaks.

Thank You Josh. Looking forward to this Jam. Hopefully a lot more smallmouth members will join in. Sounds like the making of another successful paflyfishing event.

Hi Josh,
I'm going to try to make it again, the first two were great.
Appreciate your efforts.
Ken

Gonna be out of town that weekend - bummer - hopefully everyone has a good time

Man I would love to come to something like this....but I work for a school (IT administrator) and that weekend is our crunch time.

Looking forward to pictures!

Okay folks, as the time is drawing nearer I just wanted to revisit this and let people know all are welcome.

Breakfasts will be cooked and provided in the early mornings (time dependent and can't say for sure) and will include eggs, sausage, pancakes, etc. Dinners will be provided and will definitely not occur until after the evening bite, so dang near dark probably. Dinner will probably be burgers, sausages, sweet corn, etc. Lunches will be whatever and whoever is around camp at the time. Anyone is free and willing to bring snacks/side dishes to share but I will buy and provide enough food for the breakfasts and two dinners, both Friday. I would, however, like to get a firm number on who will be here so I can plan appropriately. Remember, showers and flush bathrooms available, so if you want to bathe bring a towel, etc. Also, a refrigerator is also available, but coolers are a good idea, too.
I've got the definite poeople as :

Dave W, Tom (afishinado), HopBack, Ken (I hope that you do make it), and wetfly. PCray, come on now, I have been a pretty active member of this forum for quite a while now, I think you need to make it up since we have never met. Do I have to bribe you? I'm just teasing, but I hope you can make it for a bit.

Anyone else interested please chime in.

I am still in. Me & my son John will be coming. We can't get off work on Friday, so we'll be there Saturday morning between 7:00-7:30am. We'll float Sat and Sun. Going to bring some BBQ chicken, pasta salad, chips and off coarse beer. I'll be trailering my StealthCraft Hooligan XL raft. I'll have an extra seat on the raft so someone is welcome to float with us and help do the shuttling. Fished the upper sections of the Juniata (Petersburg to Lewistown Narrows) for the last couple of years. Looking forward to the weekend and fishing with you all.

Josh, I noticed there are four or five houses on 45 Fisher Bee Lane. Which one do I come too? And again thank you hosting this Jam.

I'm hoping to make it but may not be able to pull it.

Dang - all that food sounds great!

Thanks for the invite, Josh. I’d like to come to your Jam too, probably getting there sometime Friday AM. Since I haven’t met many others on this board this will give me a chance to do that. Also, I haven’t fished warm waters in years, so I’m looking forward to learning a bit of the “how to” from you guys.

See you on the 26th!

John

Thanks for the invite, Josh. I’d like to come to your Jam too, probably getting there sometime Friday AM. Since I haven’t met many others on this board this will give me a chance to do that. Also, I haven’t fished warm waters in years, so I’m looking forward to learning a bit of the “how to” from you guys.

See you on the 26th!

John
Sounds great John. I look forward to meeting you and fishing with you.

I am still in. Me & my son John will be coming. We can't get off work on Friday, so we'll be there Saturday morning between 7:00-7:30am. We'll float Sat and Sun. Going to bring some BBQ chicken, pasta salad, chips and off coarse beer. I'll be trailering my StealthCraft Hooligan XL raft. I'll have an extra seat on the raft so someone is welcome to float with us and help do the shuttling. Fished the upper sections of the Juniata (Petersburg to Lewistown Narrows) for the last couple of years. Looking forward to the weekend and fishing with you all.

Josh, I noticed there are four or five houses on 45 Fisher Bee Lane. Which one do I come too? And again thank you hosting this Jam.
I'll probably have the "camp" setup over near an old rickety corn crib. There are some trees there for shade.

There are 3 houses and 4 outbuildings, but just drive through until you find the area where I'll have tents and stuff. Also, there are two lanes. The one that comes off of river road and you can use either one.. We will be roughly where the lanes meet on the property.

I'll probably have the "camp" setup over near an old rickety corn crib. There are some trees there for shade.

There are 3 houses and 4 outbuildings, but just drive through until you find the area where I'll have tents and stuff. Also, there are two lanes. The one that comes off of river road and you can use either one.. We will be roughly where the lanes meet on the property.
Hey Josh, this sounds like just what I need. Count me in. I will be up later on friday. PM me the address or point to the post its in. I didnt see it.

I have a canoe and am stoled for a float. Might bring my brother. And some bourbon. You like Bournon?

Maurice

Hey Josh, this sounds like just what I need. Count me in. I will be up later on friday. PM me the address or point to the post its in. I didnt see it.

I have a canoe and am stoled for a float. Might bring my brother. And some bourbon. You like Bournon?

Maurice
Awesome Maurice. Love to have you. The address is in post #1. But I'll PM you, too.

I love alcohol of all sorts and bourbon is one of my favorites. I abstain these days, though, for certain reasons, but you're welcome to bring whatever you'd like.

Back