Waders...Again - Patagonia?

McSneek

McSneek

Time to replace an old pair of LL Bean Wicked Tough waders that I got a lot of use out of. They've finally started to leak a little after several hours in the stream and with colder weather coming on that may not be a good thing. I don't like the looks of the Helix waders that replaced them and given the current discounts on them, I would say Bean hasn't been happy with them either. Don't fish as much as I used to so it's hard to justify the expense for Simms G3s or I would get them. Red Truck has the 2011 Patagonia Guidewaters on sale. Anyone have experience with them? Could be a toss up between them and the Simms Headwaters. Not crazy about the fact the Guidewaters are made in China and I know nothing about warranty, return issues with Red Truck. Not considering other brands at this time. It will be Simms or Patagonia when I finally pull the trigger on a new pair.

I bought a pair of Simms Headwaters from L.L. Bean, and they are very nice. The lower leg is tougher than it looks in pictures, and the boot foot fits well. They are the same price as the Patagonia Guidewaters Red Truck has on sale, but you get the lifetime guarantee with L.L. Bean. The Simms are made in the USA
as well, so... ;-)

doesn't LL Bean have a lifetime warranty?? I would use your warranty before going somewhere else to buy the waders.

Bassman has a point! Return the Wicked Tough waders, and put that toward the Simms. If you don't have the receipt, Bean will still accept the return, but will credit you the lowest price they sold for.

patagonia has a Killer warranty and customer service

RichK wrote:
Bassman has a point! Return the Wicked Tough waders, and put that toward the Simms. If you don't have the receipt, Bean will still accept the return, but will credit you the lowest price they sold for.

I'd say absolutely send them back, but call first. They may offer you more than you think they would. ;-)

I bought the Patagonia guidemaster waders this spring and think they are great. I fished about 30 full days this year and absolutely no problems. Love the lined booties. Socks never even got damp and I fished some pretty warm days with long walks. I have previously owned Simms guide waders and Orivs Pro Guide III. The Patagonia waders are much more fitted in the legs compared to the Orvis and Simms. I have also had a good experience with Patagonia on a warranty return with a pair of their wading boots. Hope this helps.

Patagonia has the best customer service in the biz and just redid their policy so that you get your gear back even faster. Check it out on their website.

Patagucci are the best .. On my third pair - have had the most recent pair for three years and just got my first pin hole leak.

Back