VENTING!

gulfgreyhound wrote:
Drone stocking.? GG

Many of the high mountain lakes I used to fish in Idaho were aerial planted with fingerlings. Helicopters and in a few cases by small planes. Many of those never held any native fish before these stocking yet have incredibly high reproduction success. Many that still hold fish haven't seen plantings since those back in the 70's. Others are hiked into with bags of fingerlings and planted by volunteers.

Outsider wrote;

And if you or anyone else thinks float stocking the Tully is a cakewalk, you are mistaken. It is a large stream with many trip points. Join us and see.

The section of the Tully from the Route 222 bridge downstream to the Covered Bridge is a nightmare to wade. Last year while I was already fishing I saw two fellows stumbling down river with the float boxes. It is quite deep in that area and they were having a difficult time.

Since my injury and resultant lameness I could no longer offer to help but I surely wouldn't go to fish on the stocking day either.

flybugpa wrote;

it was decided to dump all remaining fish at the road to nowhere bridge. That was a LOT of fish in one spot.

Did that dumping at the 222 bridge happen during 2017? Because there seemed to be many of the Heritage (or whatever the name is) big fish located within 150' up and down from the bridge.

Back