UV resin in colors ?

Steeltrap

Steeltrap

Does anyone use a UV resin that contains colors? If so, what brand and do you find whatever brand you use.....does it dry "as hard as nails" after you torch it with your UV light?

Oh....any pattern suggestions that you use if for would also be appreciated.

I use black Solarez to imitate wing cases on perdigons and occasionally orange for hot spots. Sets up just just great.

the solarez colors are wonderful but sort of pricey. I use black a lot like mentioned but I've heard there are some craft store brands that will work also that come in many shades of color

Just got into UV flies myself I bought a cheap clear resin. I just been coloring the material then coating the whole fly with the clear resin. For some reason the light hardens it but the glue still stays a little tacky so I stick it in the window sill for the sun to dry the rest.

Attachments

• 811F9362-8681-4C8F-A0AB-BA28BE19AAE6.jpeg
    811F9362-8681-4C8F-A0AB-BA28BE19AAE6.jpeg
    96.6 KB · Views: 4
I haven't tried them, not sure I need them. One alternative is to use UV cured nail polish. I have a bottle of red and one of white that I use on some of my foam patterns. Like Solitariolupo, I prefer to color the material under the UV resin.

Attachments

• P6010598 (4).JPG
    P6010598 (4).JPG
    148.6 KB · Views: 5
  • shad (2).JPG
    shad (2).JPG
    87.4 KB · Views: 4
Nicely detailed photos

i tried some colored resins but the never set properly. wasted money

i just use clear solarez bone dry over whatever thread color im tying the fly with

there are flies that need painted heads so ill use acrylic craft paint and coat them with bone dry

if i need a hot pot at the hook bend ill use some glo brite thread and coat of bone dry

I’ve used gulff and it worked just fine but you can color it with a permanent marker put a base of clear down cure it then color then put another thin layer of clear epoxy.Works pretty well

Thanks for your responses Gents!

I'm going to order some clear solarez bone dry as that seems to be just what I'm looking for.

Back