Thinking about a kayak

img_7549-jpg.1641226241
View attachment 1641226242
Straight stud muffin right there

What rod holders are folks using with fly rods? I've been looking at Scotty R-5's and Powerlock's; I'll be using both a fly rod and a spinning rod. Possibly two spinning rods sometimes.

The flush rod holders behind the seats are ok for transport when paddling, but I need at least one holder in front of me for repositioning while fishing, plus those rod holders built into the boat rely on a rod butt that my fly rods don't have.

What rod holders are folks using with fly rods? I've been looking at Scotty R-5's and Powerlock's; I'll be using both a fly rod and a spinning rod. Possibly two spinning rods sometimes.

The flush rod holders behind the seats are ok for transport when paddling, but I need at least one holder in front of me for repositioning while fishing, plus rod holders built into the boat rely on a rod butt that my fly rods don't have.
I have 2 of the Scotty fly rod holders. They are ok. I have the Scotty Powerlocks and I'm going to sell them. They aren't what I thought they were going to be.

And....it does fit nicely in the bed with the gate up! :) I fasted an old red towel on the bow handle and put the stern in the bed.
just remember nothing can extend 6’ beyond the rear of the bed (not the tail gate if open). I think your safe with your current kayak but just in case you upgrade in the future. Also, between 4’ and 6’ over hang you need a red flag for daytime but at night or times of low light a Red light is required.

Back