The river has been a wash so whatcha doing?

• Thread starter salvelinusfontinalis
  • Start date
I might see you out there on Friday or Saturday.

TrtnBux wrote:
Warm water temps on the Western side of PA, carp season is in full swing.

Nice carp

Holy crap! The Susky is finally getting to fishable conditions. 2 1/2 months late but there's still plenty of season left.

Guiding Friday and Saturday. I'll put something in the report section as to actual 'on stream' conditions and fish numbers.

There might be a lot of folks out on the river this weekend. I'm sure we're not the only folks who are eager to get back out on the Susky etc.

I'll probably be out too and will write up a report if I make it.

The last fishable day on the north branch was July 21st crazy summer indeed. I can't wait to get out there and get the big river view.

Waded out around Bainbridge last night. A bit high and still dirty. No bites. I'd be careful wading if the river is new to you. I noticed a lot of new "structure" in the area I was wading from the recent high water. It's fascinating to see how much the river can change with these floods.

There might be a lot of folks out on the river this weekend. I'm sure we're not the only folks who are eager to get back out on the Susky etc.

:lol: :hammer: :pint: ;-)

Lancaster is getting pummeled. River will be fishable in sept of 3018

salvelinusfontinalis wrote:

:lol: :hammer: :pint: ;-)

Lancaster is getting pummeled. River will be fishable in sept of 3018

Attachments

• blahhhhhhhhhhhhh.jpg
    blahhhhhhhhhhhhh.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 3
Well, I finally got my pond like FarmerDave on my farm, unfortunately i have a large sinkhole draining it.
9-14 inches of rain.

Thinking about kayaking the new creek I have on the quarry side of my property.

Should be fun :roll:

Now reports are just saying 9" of rain. Cant wait to refill my lake with tomorrows rain!
Think Mike might come stock it? I need to fish, i promise its just a kids rodeo.

Well, she's done until mid October or worse. All depends how hurricane Florence pans out. If you didn't get out in the last week, you may have missed the only window we've had since late June.

Several months of high muddy water has had to impact the bass. I'm sure the spawn was a complete bust. I still have seen some impressive hatches in spite of the high water. The thing that really stuck out to me this year was the water temps. They never got anywhere near normal. Fished it yesterday and the water felt chilly.

Back