The Fly Fishing Show - Lancaster, PA

Biker,

Thanks for the heads up!

Just saw on Allen Fly Fishing's FB page they'll be in attendance at the Lancaster show...

might have to venture over to the lancaster brewery also, looks ot be about 5 or 6 blocks away. I've had their beer before and thought it was pretty good.

Yea, We just got added to the list. Many were asking so we changed our schedule to make it happen. Since there's a brewery near by. I'm sure we will be there afterwards. See you guys there - Justin

Lancaster Brewing Company, as mentioned, about five or six blocks away: http://www.lancasterbrewing.com/

Annie Bailey's, right next door to the hotel/convention center: http://anniebaileysirishpub.com/

Quip's Pub, a block down the street from LBC: http://www.quipspub.com/

As always, if you're out walking at night, be careful! FWIW, there is no reason to walk south, west, or due east over a block of the convention center! ;-)

Looking forward to a good show!

I'm glad Allen is going to be there, I have never picked up any of their gear but I have been very eager to check it out. See you there!

I will be attending and I think Tracker 12 will be coming with me. Freestone we are going to hit the Tully on Sunday weather permitting. I have been trying to get on the Tully most of the fall and winter. The water levels have been tough to fish.

Rick

Rick,

Should I bring the dog? He sure loves those jerky sticks. LOL. Maybe I'll see ya down there.

Andy

No, as of right now I will not have any sticks this year. We did not have many geeese in our usual fields. But we still have snow goose season to go. With a weak showing of snows this could be our worst year since we started 6-7 years ago.
Rick

RickinPa wrote:
The water levels have been tough to fish.
Rick

I've seen you wade the SR. I know the Tully is no match! :-D

In addition to WGMiller's suggestions also check out the Taproom (Spring House Brewing Co.) on West King Street about a block away from the convention center. Not much food but the beers are excellent!

I have an extra ticket to the IF4T to be shown Saturday after the fly fishing show has closed. First person to let me know they want it by PM has it.

I didn't make Somerset this year, not sure about this one. Thankfully, I do think my in-laws are coming this weekend. I say thankfully because it likely gets me out of baby duty, giving me a day to go do something fishing related.

So, actually fishing vs. the Lancaster show. Might come down to weather....

Shall we plan a rendezvous at Annie Bailey's? I'm not going to the film festival, so any time later in the afternoon (5-6)) works for me.

yep.
tim robinson was thinking aobut hitting it for lunch as well. I'd be game for a couple beers after the show. my girlfriend and I might hit lancaster brewery later for some dinner, or maybe eat at annies if they have good food? I've never been to lancaster, so I'm up for whatever anyone recommends. guess I'll have to watch what I spend at the show so I have beer money for later!

Annie Bailey's has pretty good food. I'm not a fan of Lanc. Brewery. If you're up for leaving the downtown area, my favs are Iron Hill Brewery out on Harrisburg Pike (not far from F&M College) and the Bull's Head Pub down in Lititz. Tim knows where these places are at. The Bull's Head is awesome 'cause its authentically English. The owner is from Liverpool.

Liverpool? Didn't that just get beat hr Man U last week? Put that in your pipe Jenny D

Kicking around the idea of making the drive down. Thinking about bringing my oldest, he has kinda been bugging me to go to "The fishing show" since he missed Sommerset, because of a bounce party. The beer meet up ok to bring kid? Is it a resteraunt and bar?

I got a friend who may be coming with his kid too.

I wanted to see what people thought about meeting over at Annie Baileys around 11:30?

they open at 11 and I always thought their food was pretty good, I was planning on going there first before going to the show.

let me know what you think

AB's is kid-friendly during the day and early evening...

:pint:

Back