The Fly Fishing Show - Lancaster, PA

wgmiller

wgmiller

Looks like the speaker/vendor/presenter list is starting to fill out. Hopefully this has a good turnout and the weather cooperates!

http://www.flyfishingshow.com/Lancaster.html

Will be attending this on Saturday. Also take note that the Fly Fishing Film Tour will be making a stop there Saturday evening after the show has closed.

Looks like I'll be making the Lancaster show this year as tier. Attended Valley Forge last year as vendor and I thought the show was well attended. Looking forward to this years show.

Plenty of good watering holes close by if anyone wants to try to meet up.

Yes sir. Annie Bailey's right next door! :pint:

Going to the show saturday and the film festival and then Annie B's afterwards...or Quips...or the Belvedere for jazz...or Marion Court...or all of them!

I'm thinking about it.

of course I'm being tempted more by annie baileys and other such haunts than the show itself. I don't mind walking amongst the crowds and fondling gear, but they get old after a while. if there are good deals to be had, then that's much better. at the little local show out here(penns woods west TU) I got some good bargains last year on vintage gudebrod rod thread(boxes of thread for 3 bucks a box!, cork for handles, fly lines for 10 bucks, etc.
My girlfriend may come along if I decide to go, we're thinking of jsut staying at the hotel where the show is, I think the show price is 89 bucks, which isn't bad. I've never been to Lancaster, is it a decent place where my girlfriend can walk around downtown, visit shops and such? she has NO desire to attend the show itself, although she will be more than happy to have beers with others afterwards.

I'll be there. The IF4 looks sweet. We are living in the golden age of high-end outdoors videography. Lancaster should be a a nice venue. I lived there for a semester in college and have hardly been back.

Double the name drop for Quipp's pub. Yum. Ha-- I just checked their menu and found this:

"Traditional English Faggots £11

a melange of minced pork meat, herbs, onion, and breadcrumbs, hand-shaped and served with peas, gravy, and mash"

Hmmmm...

Quips is good, annie b's is good. food at molly's pub used to be ridiculously good, but now it's meh.

biker-

your g-friend should be safe around here. some cool shops on queen st. like zap co....if it's rebuilt...I'll have to check on that.

I'm down for a mid-day Guinness if people want to meet over at Annie B's! I'll be going to the film fest after the show but it's only 2 hours or so, so it'd be cool to meet up with some folks after that.

a mid day guiness? hmmm, ok, you talked me into it!

Nice!

maybe a mid-day micheal collins too!?

that could work also!

Assuming the Film Fest is the same thing at Somerset, think I'll go to the Lancaster showing. Hopefully it will be less crowded w/o the NYC/NJ folks.

hp
les

Question: if you have an Orvis reel with a broken part, would this be a place one could pick the part up?

Squaretail,
Not the place to check on a part. here is a number from Orvis that may help. I know one year I had a clicker-paw replaced from an old Battenkill. Hope to see you this weekend if coming to Somerset. I'll be at Lancaster with my much better looking half.
Mike

•Fishing and Hunting Technical Experts: 800-778-4778

Thanks for the number Mike. No Somerset, but most likely be at Lancaster.

I will be attending the show this year. I'm not from around the area so any help on where to stay or get a drink would be greatly appreciated! I am planning on getting on the water Sunday around the area so if anyone wants to hook up shoot me a message!

freestoned123, I'm staying right at the hotel connected to the conference center, they have room specials for 89 bucks for show attendees. I think a group of us are going to hit Annie Baileys around lunch on saturday to tip a couple, and I'm sure we'll find a place to have a couple saturday night.

Back