The Annual Paflyfish Spring Jamboree is set for May 19-21, 2023

27585549967 1859bcaf83
Friday, May 19 is the start of our meetup for the Paflyfish Spring Jamboree Weekend at the Seven Mountains Campground. This is our annual get-together for members of the site to fly fish, tie flies, camp, and share a few stories. We have a lot of fun fishing over some of Pennsylvania's finest streams including the Little J, Penns Creek, Spring Creek, Fishing Creek, and plenty more in the region.

The pavilion at Seven Mountains Campground is rented by Paflyfish and is used as a meeting point during the weekend. Plenty of impromptu conversations, fly-tying, and meet-ups occur at the pavilion.

8759429289 024ebd76f2 c
The weekend is a casual event with fly fishing in a great region of Pennsylvania. As with every year, we will be meeting up in the evenings at the pavilion to catch up on the day's fishing trips. Friday and Saturday mornings we meet for coffee and plan the day. Often plenty of opportunities for some fly tying and casting lessons are shared.

At this time, we will not be going to plan any special speakers or activities. That could change, but there is always plenty of impromptu fly tying, casting lessons, and support on where to fish. So if you are unsure about the area, do not worry there are plenty of members from the site that can help get you started.
2007 4fc3b050ae5b6

Many anglers from the site come up early or stay later after the weekend. Follow this thread for the latest details or ask any questions.

Please contact Sevens Mountain Campground directly if you would like to stay there that weekend. They have a limited number of cabins, RV hook-ups and campsites. I encourage you to make your reservations now.

Dates: Friday – May 19th - Sunday, May 21, 2023

Use the code: PAFLYFISH for a 10% discount.

Sevens Mountain Campground
101 Seven Mountains
Campground Rd.
Spring Mills, PA 16875
(814) 364-1910

bikerfish
I have been approached a couple of times from Seven Mountain Campgrounds about the conduct of some people in our group last year. They have specifically asked me to inform the group that the late-night noise and activity was a problem. They are warning us now, they do not want a repeat of last year. I'm sure it was a small group of people, but want to make it clear about the issue. Maybe moving some of the those activities inside a cabin will help, but you will have to use good judgement on the issue and how to avoid the issue on your own. If you need clarification please talk with the Seven Mountain Campgrounds Manager.

"-Quiet hours are from 11:00 pm to 7:00 am. During quiet hours, no loud music or any other type of disturbances will be allowed. Please be respectful of others staying at the campground and honor the quiet hours. If quiet hours are not followed, you will be required to leave the campground."

Please understand and follow the rules as set by Seven Mountains Campground. Thank you :)

Send Jack to talk to them! lol!!
PS, Im on your side Jack!!
Things were better at seven mountains when the old owners were up till the wee hours DRINKING WITH US!!
The struggles of so called progress.

bikerfish
Agree. Booze seems to act like a loud speaker for a lot of folks.
FWIW, It's the one time of year that alot of us get to see each other, so yeah, drinking and fun happens, and it is what it is.
perhaps the time has come to search another home. Plus, the place isn't exactly a bargain.

tomgamber
I vote for a roadtrip next year. I really enjoyed top of Pine creek many years ago. I just missed out on lower Pine/Cedar. What else ya got? Sounds like they won't miss us.

I'll try to be quieter this year but PCRAY can't bring his guitar or I'll (badly) and its not easy trying to talk over Mo! I'll just sit on my porch and sip my whiskey like a good boy.

JeremyW
I'm wondering how this is going to turn out. On the one hand it'd be cool to meet some new folks and fish. But on the other hand, I'm coming up from VA, and have little experience on these streams. I'm imagining it's going to be extra crowded on all the well known ones, plus the veterans of the stream will stake a claim early on the best holes.

JeremyW
I'd be one of the people, trying to sleep "early" I doubt I would actually complain to the staff, but I might regret driving 3.5 hrs to not be able to sleep myself in one of the cabins.

tomgamber
I'd be one of the people, trying to sleep "early" I doubt I would actually complain to the staff, but I might regret driving 3.5 hrs to not be able to sleep myself in one of the cabins.
My advice is to be at coffee in the morning and around camp late afternoon. Most of the brainstorming and hatch planning happens there. There lots of other times to gather Intel but those are pretty reliable. Don't be afraid to just talk to anyone with waders drying over their porch railing.

Swattie87
I'm wondering how this is going to turn out. On the one hand it'd be cool to meet some new folks and fish. But on the other hand, I'm coming up from VA, and have little experience on these streams. I'm imagining it's going to be extra crowded on all the well known ones, plus the veterans of the stream will stake a claim early on the best holes.

The popular streams are popular for a reason. If the bugs do their thing, the fish will be on them. On the big limestoners, if the Sulphurs are on, it really doesn’t matter where you end up, there will be more fish rising in front of you than you can cast at. On a good night, you’ll step in the water at 6 PM and literally grow roots. Once you find a good spot to stand you won’t move. I’m not kidding, they can be that good. (Pack beer just in case the bugs are off that night though.)

As mentioned, introduce yourself, make some friends. Guys will be more than willing to show you around and share a good run with you for the hatch. Even if the fishing is good, which it often is, the socializing is usually better.

Swattie87
My advice is to be at coffee in the morning and around camp late afternoon. Most of the brainstorming and hatch planning happens there. There lots of other times to gather Intel but those are pretty reliable. Don't be afraid to just talk to anyone with waders drying over their porch railing.

I think it’d be a stretch to call anything that happens at a PAFF jam brainstorming. 🤣

turkey
I have been approached a couple of times from Seven Mountain Campgrounds about the conduct of some people in our group last year. They have specifically asked me to inform the group that the late-night noise and activity was a problem. They are warning us now, they do not want a repeat of last year. I'm sure it was a small group of people, but want to make it clear about the issue. Maybe moving some of the those activities inside a cabin will help, but you will have to use good judgement on the issue and how to avoid the issue on your own. If you need clarification please talk with the Seven Mountain Campgrounds Manager.

"-Quiet hours are from 11:00 pm to 7:00 am. During quiet hours, no loud music or any other type of disturbances will be allowed. Please be respectful of others staying at the campground and honor the quiet hours. If quiet hours are not followed, you will be required to leave the campground."

Please understand and follow the rules as set by Seven Mountains Campground. Thank you :)
I believe that this was all in regards to Albatross snoring. I'll have a chat with him.

pcray1231
GFS model coming in range worth paying attention to. Showing rain early saturday morning, from like 3 a.m. ending at 8 or 9 a.m. Right around a half inch total, more (.75") to the north and west and less (.25") to the south and east.

Rest of day it gets windy, maybe a few sprinkles during day but not amounting to a lot, with wind slowing and skies clearing by evening.

wgmiller
I’ve been doing some housecleaning and will be bringing the following items to the Jam if anyone is interested:

IMG 9276

Rod tube for 9’ 4 piece rod - $10

IMG 9280

Echo Carbon XL 10’ 3WT Euro rod with Bravo LT reel and tube/carrying case - $175

All items have been meticulously maintained and are fairly new.

Last edited:
Bruno
Interesting
I’ve been doing some housecleaning and will be bringing the following items to the Jam if anyone is interested:

View attachment 1641230478
Fishpond Headgate tippet holder - $10

View attachment 1641230479
Stack of books - Free (must take all)

View attachment 1641230480
Rod tube for 9’ 4 piece rod - $10

View attachment 1641230481
Echo Carbon XL 10’ 3WT Euro rod with Bravo LT reel and tube/carrying case - $175

View attachment 1641230482
Cabelas’s CZN 11’ 4WT Euro rod with White River HBC56 reel and rod tube - $75

All items have been meticulously maintained and are fairly new.
Shakedown Street Shopping - who is making the grilled cheese !

Swattie87
GFS model coming in range worth paying attention to. Showing rain early saturday morning, from like 3 a.m. ending at 8 or 9 a.m. Right around a half inch total, more (.75") to the north and west and less (.25") to the south and east.

Rest of day it gets windy, maybe a few sprinkles during day but not amounting to a lot, with wind slowing and skies clearing by evening.

I double down on my 3500 cfs o/u.

hooker-of-men
I already wanted to go, but this sounds like an even better time now that everyone is going to get kicked out at 3 AM. Sad that I'm too far away to attend.

tomgamber

Partly clahdy, chance of shahrs...

Rarejul
So will there be coffee for silent ocelot and I if we get up there Friday morning? Or is everyone coming in on Friday?

pcray1231
I will be arriving Thursday afternoon. With Scott (the guy who's always with me) and his son, Clay (1st timer).

My significant other, Tammy, arriving Friday in time for the evening fishing.

The big 2 BR cabin near the bath house.

Up to 3 addtional visitors possible, but not overnighters, unless they drink too much, lol.

Back