Spring Creek, Harrisburg Fishing Regulations

40 streams in PA start with "Spring."

Others include "Spring" such as Big Spring, Falling Spring, Green Spring...

" The other Spring Creek"? Doesn't that Spring Creek flow through Forest and Elk Counties? And I've heard that the " other Spring Creek" flows in to Brokenstraw up Warren County?
I've heard the waterway you're referring to as the " other Spring Crick".
How many Spring Creeks are there in PA? Is there more Spring Creeks in PA than those creek named after Tom? There are a few Tom's Creek in the commonwealth. Also a few named Toms Run. I feel like Laurel Creek/ Run or Fishing Creek are used the most in the great commonwealth but could be wrong.
I think the winner is Mill Creek/Run. But it’s been years since I researched it. That or Laurel Creek/Run. I know there are at least 67 Laurels.

There’s a mess of Fishing Creeks in the keystone. In Maryland, piney creek and beaver run/creek seem to be the go-to names.

Spring creek off Cameron street in Harrisburg is a place I would hit a few times a year if I lived closer. As it is, I go there when I don’t feel like sharing the creek but still having a shot at sticking a few wild browns. Solid C+ creek.

What about Spring Creek in Hershey :)

It’s too bad nearly all of that is posted, except about the lowest 200 yards down to the Swatara. It’s an excellent limestone spring. I was wet wading the Swatara in Summer, water temp was 84. The water coming out of Spring was 64. I walked it up to the 39 culvert, where it becomes posted, and saw numerous small wild Browns, and one really big one. I was at Hershey Park last Summer too and walked as much of it as you could in the Park. Lots of carp, yes, but also lots of big Browns. PFBC surveyed it a few years ago…very high biomass scores…150ish kg/ha type stuff.

It’s too bad nearly all of that is posted, except about the lowest 200 yards down to the Swatara. It’s an excellent limestone spring. I was wet wading the Swatara in Summer, water temp was 84. The water coming out of Spring was 64. I walked it up to the 39 culvert, where it becomes posted, and saw numerous small wild Browns, and one really big one. I was at Hershey Park last Summer too and walked as much of it as you could in the Park. Lots of carp, yes, but also lots of big Browns. PFBC surveyed it a few years ago…very high biomass scores…150ish kg/ha type stuff.

It was fun while it lasted...😥

One of the absolute best days I've ever had trout fishing was a few years back in April during a rainstorm on Spring. Chucking streamers in the rain and not being able to do any wrong. It was insane. As you mentioned, it's all posted now as it's HERCO land and will likely be developed at some point. Spring Creek in Hershey is a gem, but access is just about non-existent. It's also patrolled, so trying to sneak in is a no-go.

IMG 2541

IMG 2576

Back