Site Update and Changes

Okay a couple of updates and questions.

I think I have the major issues worked. Site and forum I hope from your end back to about 99%. If you are still seeing something that seems wrong please post it here. No double-posting please.

Forums- pages and click to posts #1
• Fixed

Width of Screen - Windows problem...hehe

Quick Reply - Not working pulled it for now. Not sure if this is a big deal for you guys?

Search - I am seeing mixed things. Top left search working , bottom right forum search not working?

Profile views of others users and then send PM - any issues?

Dave,

When I try to see another user's profile I get dumped into my own profile. This used to be how I sent a PM (going first to the profile of the other user).

- Fixed (dkile)

From the new "outbox" there is a send new message button. Once a new message is initiated, there is a drop down menu with user names listed alphabetically. Handy feature, but the list only goes through the As and Bs.

It's 19:02 and back to the same problem as before ,goes to last post instead of first
It's 19:27 the above problem only happens in this subject post ?

Check your View Options and changed to Threaded - Dkile

I like the private message at the top with everything else, but I don't see any notification that there's an unread message in there. Had one waiting but just have to randomly go in and check.

Everything's looking pretty good though Dave! I like some of the new updates.

Ryan this may be a change and try looking at the User Menu block on top right for notices - dkile

Jump

Old Issues - on hold to fix
• Jumpbox - when selecting a new forum it only takes you back to the
• Quick Reply
• Search - enter a word and it takes you to the main forum page

Issues I need help on

Privates Messages - new features not sure may work differently

Beadhead2 is this still an issue? Try clearing your cache in your browser as I dont't see the problem.

Profile Issue: Thought it was fixed and need some help from you.
Can you give me an example of this? Is there and example of when it does work?

Dave- advanced search not working for me.

Dave,

On the profile issue, it seems to only misdirect me to my own profile when I click on the name of a moderator. Regular users, I can see their profile.

- Fixed (dkile)

Dave
When I click on the second or third etc section of a topic then it goes to the last post in that topic ,cleaned cache ,no help

– Try changing your view mode at top to threaded. Let me know ho how it goes. dkile

When I post on a 16 page post, it takes me back to page 1 at OP rather than viewing my new post. Not sure if that is by design.

This has been an issue for as long as I remember. But I hate in the PM feature that sent messages are not visible.

- Now an option button to select Outbox for a copy of PM's - dkile

pc, as I noted elsewhere or earlier, there is a savebox and outbox in the PM module now.

Dave, when i click in the Pennsylvania Fly Fishing Forum Index
and click on Main options it use to be able to click on new posts and it would open all new posts. Now i click on new post and it takes me back to Pennsylvania Fly Fishing Forum Index
at beginning.

Beadhead2,

Not seeing this. I go to the first post in the post.

Do you have a link for me?

Greg,

I understand the profile issue. made some some changes. do you still see it?

Dave Kile wrote
Greg, I understand the profile issue. made some some changes. do you still see it?

All better now. Thanks Dave!

I know this must be a lot of work implementing the upgrades, but I think it will be a big improvement for PaFlyFish. I appreciate it.

I just clicked on the second page of this subject and it took me to the last post instead of the first one
I can live with it !, its just annoying
Thanks
beadhead2

BeadHead2 wrote
it took me to the last post instead of the first one

Consider it a feature!
;-)

Beadhead2,

Check your "View Mode" at the top of the threads. I think you may have "Newest First" selected by the issues you are describing. Try Threaded. This is not working but should stop the view you are experiencing.

Dave

Back