Show up if you want to JAM

krayfish

krayfish

When? October 4, 5, 6 & 7
Where? Hancock New York
What? Fishing the Delaware system for pre-spawners

We expect to have anywhere from 3 to 1000 participants....I'll bet it's closer to 3. :) At this time, we should have DaveS with his 2 man Scadden and Brandon from Border Water Outfitters should be there with his driftboat. Please be aware that anyone electing to float with Dave.... his boat only targets large browns and Dave will catch the biggest fish of the trip.

Normal guide rates are $375 per day for the Delaware. I have negotiated a rate with Dave of 1 Yuengling Lager per mile. :)
I think Brandon's rate is a $5 foot long from Subway. Seriously though, if you don't have a boat or access to one, this is a chance to float the river and meet some of the guys from the site. Now all we need is enough water to float (rain dance).

The fishing in the fall is spotty but can be good. The hatches are limited but you can see / expect to see.... Olives, ISO's, Olives, October Caddis, Olives, Peach flies, Olives and various other caddis. There will also be some Olive hatches. This is also a good opportunity to pitch streamers (see DaveS avatar). If you were thinking of trying the river, spring has more activity but the fall is beautiful and less crowded. Downside to it is the fish have been hammered on all summer so they can be picky / spooky. If you'd like to target smallies, musky or stripers, you can do that too. The PA fishing license is good for 1/2 of the West Branch and the Main Delaware. If you want to fish the upper WB or EB, you will need a NY license.

Sound off if you're coming or feel free to ask any quesitons. All are welcome to attend.

There is a possibility I come up Friday only, as I am helping with the Newbie Pocono JAM on Saturday. Think I remember discussing this with the Lagermeister on Spring. I owe Brandon some stuff anyways. We'll see as I am swamped with school work.

I might be able to join you guys...still have some figuring to do...had a blast last time (besides the wallet incident) but I could have used more time there...

Phil,
I'll store your wallet for you.

But I charge a fee of one Yuengling lager for that as well. lol!

I forgot all about the lost wallet circus. LMAO. Before starting the float, place your keys & wallet into a waterproof container. If it gets knocked overboard... it floats. At the end of the trip, retrieve your dry wallet and keys. Works everytime. At the cost of 1 lager, it's a good deal. When are they starting construction of the lager pipeline from Pottsville to Pittsburgh?

I can only speculate on how the fishing will be. It wasn't all that hot when we were up in June but it will probably be even slower. Streamers and nymphs while looking for a rising fishy or two.

I am game for taking turns paddling for whoever has a boat but be forewarned that I never rowed a drift boat. I am only experienced using one man pontoons and canoes. I should be up on the 4th and will most likely stay until the 7th as long as Krayfish doesn't get on my nerves too much or his dog doesn't try hump my leg like last year.

Looking forward to it as I have not had many fishing trips this year due to taking care of and spending time with my 7 month old baby girl.

Phil wasn't your wallet in the bottom.of your waders? Lol hey how was that drive to Long Island after a full day of fishing and drinking? Haha

I'm on vacation the first week of october, and should be able to get up there. Hopefully, we won't start getting the heavy rains like we got that same week last year - and raise the river level a lot.

Bill, you're coming? Sweet. Somebody run down JerseyGeorge and Beeber too.

I hope it does rain a bunch, they really need it. Getting a few inches on 9-30 would be perfect. In 3 days, she'd be clear and good flows. According to the DRC, there have been some good hatches of olives starting in the last couple of days.

Sounds like a great time - would love to join yuh. Count me as a "maybe" at this point.

Whoa....

I will begin a VIP list with you as #1 man. See if you can bend Tom's ear or maybe get D Kile to join in. I've had Dave close to going by couldn't tip him over the edge.

I am very worried about ankle deep flows making things tough for us and hope a little rains improves conditions. At any rate, the beer will be ice cold. :)

Too late to edit prior post but Maurice was missed and would be on VIP list too.

SBecker wrote:
Phil wasn't your wallet in the bottom.of your waders? Lol hey how was that drive to Long Island after a full day of fishing and drinking? Haha

Yea the wallet didn't fall out after an upside down vertical shake and went undetected haha
Got to LI in record time! I stopped at my buddy's cabin, threw back a couple more, slept for 4 hrs and jetted for LI. After the first hour, my trip tick was at 90 miles...don't have to be a math wiz to figure out I was haulling a..! haha

Oh and Beeber is there as we speak/type. Floating today and Saturday...so we can get a report

he aint floating except in a hot tub probably..

Capra Inn lodging update. Yesterday, Gene from the Capra called me out of the blue to see why I haven't been up in months. I told him that we had a smallish group coming up in early October. When I gave him the dates, he reviewed the reservation book and noticed that there is an enduro race in the area that weekend so he's down to 4 rooms. I'm calling to have the rooms held for 72 hours so everybody has a chance to pair up and call them. The DRC and Smith's Colonial will have rooms but they are a bit higher priced.

Capra Inn 607-637-1600

I have called, got a room. That leaves three rooms. See you guys in a few weeks.

Yea, I am out. Have a good one guys, and I hope I have not put the jinx on you.

I raised a few serious fish over the weekend (9-14, 15) on Sculpzillas. They were so big they scared me. Looked like steelhead and not trout. The water release was up so that helped. When the sun was off the water the tiny olives (sz 20) came out and fish were on them for the rest of the evening. And the crowds were low, made it even better.

Count me in at this point. I do have a cracked toon frame to get fixed but I'm not gonna let that stop me. And I hope home brew works as well as vitamin Y, it does for me.

And of note the smallies are on the feed down river as well. Better quality fish than I have seen all summer. I can possibly lead a smallie venture if there's interest.

Sandfly if you get some water your way I'd love to visit. Until then I will be in the hot tub drinking homebrew.

Back