Show up if you want to JAM

Actually, I stay at pleasant valley campground - on the PA side of the river near equinuck. About 12 miles downstream from hancock.
And yes, they do have tent sites

We got a lot of rain around here today, and it looks like its heading up to the northeast corner of the state, More rain predicted for sunday too. Just saying

This is starting to look VERY good indeed. Go easy with that rain dance Krayfish. You have very formadable powers!
Hancock Weather

Nice. Keep the rain coming. Hope we also have more cloud cover than that forecast indicated

Woo!

I'm pysched on this trip...I gotta couple Iso's off the vise already, looking to crank out more this weekend...

Caddis & olive brother! Make sure you have some October Caddis larva. The guys had a guide trip yesterday and the 2 clients in the boat landed 48 fish. YOW. I'll take some of that action.

I'm on vacation - starting today!
Will spend today with family, then hitting the road tomorrow.
Plan on hitting the little j and penns the next 2 days, then heading up to the delaware wed. Probably not getting there until early afternoon.
Andy - if you're floating that day, I'll just meet up with you at the capra that eve

We plan to be limping in to Hancock around 5-5:30 pm on Wednesday. Josh wants to play golf at the Monticello Monster. I'm guessing that nearly 8000 yards will be more than slightly damaging to the pride. We'll be unloading / eating / drinking / cigars on the porch most of the evening. We'll see you there.

The reports have been good, real good in fact. Olives, caddis, hebes, iso and other misc hatches. The past 3-4 days have had good hatches and LOTS of fish rising. They also seem eager to eat anything tossed over them. Streamers have also been producing. Possible light rain on Tuesday shouldn't really impact the river flows or clarity. The only thing that worries me is a front coming through that may cause breezy conditions Saturday (AKA - freakin wind tunnel). We'll see how mother nature treats us. I was told that the caddis and hebe hatch was so think the other day, you could have scooped them off of the surface with a feed shovel. Hope that nonsense sticks around another 7 days and wall of us will have sore arms from hauling fish in.

Hebe gebees!....shovels full!?l :-o

I know Andy checks out these sites, but FYI for other Jammers:

http://thedelawareriverclub.com/blog/

http://www.westbranchresort.com/delaware_river_conditions.html

http://www.catskillflies.com/stream-conditions/

Oops saw this when I started posting info.

Good luck to all.

I was just coming back on to mention that. It appears that the river keeper hears we were coming up and that the fishing had been good. Can't let that go without punishment. Flow on WB dropped to 150 cfs. No floating on that branch. If it doesn't rain Tuesday, no floating on the EB either. God I hate the way they do that. Probably crank it to 1800 on Thur to completely blow out the river.

It is amazing how the dam operates just like a fawcet!

Kray, It looks like Coz is heading to Steelhead Camp. Do you know if Brandon be able to open the shop, ( or will it still be open) in case I need to spend a few extra dollars?

I am really jacked about this trip. Hopefully the watermasters will find some moderate flow and leave it there.

Brandon is working the shop and will have join us after 12 - 2 each day. The fishing has been hot. Hopefully the release will be adjusted to a lore user friendly number. I'm also a little jacked up. Trouble getting to sleep last night.

I can write you a perscription for Yuengling. Just take a few before bedtime and dream about the flyline peeling from the reel....

It does look like the East Branch is holding the flow somewhat.

Plus there's this;Hancock Weather Update

The EB is still over 1200 and there should be some rain today. The main should remain high enough to float. If we are forced to wade the vrry upper branches, that's fine too. We.will adapt and drop the hammer on them. Somebody is going to have a banner trip.

Report from yesterday said there were some caddis hatching.... ummm, I'd have to agree w/ that. Photo from Bart at the DRC.

Attachments

• Caddis_Damascus_3[1].jpg
    Caddis_Damascus_3[1].jpg
    197.6 KB · Views: 3
I think I am going to swing by. I planned on going to Salmon River (suppress comments) to check in on my camper, etc and do some fishing. I will likely leave Thursday night and arrive at Capra late. Fish all day friday, then leave Saturday morning for pulaski. If anyone wants to tag along to Pulaski let me know.

Having just been up to the D, those caddis are one big dry hump. Fish are not on them, and really they are more in the trees than anything else.

That said, you guys should definitely find fish on the main stem as far down as you decide to float. Isos, Iso, and more Isos, on the blind in the chop will move fish. The little fish are all over the place, along with some nicer fish, but they definitely are not showing all too much.

No doubt you will find fish.

vcregular wrote:
Having just been up to the D, those caddis are one big dry hump. Fish are not on them, and really they are more in the trees than anything else.

Interesting. Do you suppose the fish may be working the nymphs? Is the October caddis that's common on the Delaware this time of year an orange bodied larvae?

I think a more accurate comment from VC would have been " fish weren't taking caddis in the section I fished". That may not be the case 1 pool away. If you've got October caddis larva, BRING THEM. Video earlier in thread shows what they look like. Also bring #16 bright green larva. ISO in #10-14 always produces. Cloudy /drizzle in forecast should make for great fishing. On the toad already.

Andy get off the toad and get fishing dawg!

Back