SEPA season opener

OnTheFly570

Heading to the Allentown area this weekend to visit some friends and get some fishing in on Saturday and Sunday. I'm not too familiar with the area although I have fished Jordan Creek a few times. Anyone have any suggestions to direct me toward an area that wont be elbow to elbow?

I used to live in that area and fished quite a few streams but never any on opening weekend. The little Lehigh is always the most crowded stream period, no matter what time of year it is. If you know Joran, try the woods and trail section off of Mickely road. You may encounter a lot of cars in the parting lot but from my experience everyone just fishes around the bridge. If you walk up stream about half a mile you start hitting some good water. I have always done well in that part of the Jordan. There are many steams I have fished in that area but I have no idea how many people will be on them. If opening day is anything like when they stock it will be a circus everywhere.

I would say goodluck cause its gonna be packed. Best bet is to find a special regs section, or like HB said, just walk about 100 yds up or down stream from access points. That should get you from the crowd. LOL

Appreciate the help guys! Luckily I go to Penn State which is surrounded by some fantastic catch and release waters that i get to fish all the time. This weekend im going to head out and fish for stockers because its been a while. The weather isnt looking too promising so I'm hoping that will discourage a lot of people. Also, if anyone is in the area and wants to meet up feel free to shoot me a pm!

onthefly.. there is a catch and release section near the fish hatchery. your buddies should know where that is at.

The Bushkill in Easton is probably the least pressured of the LV streams in the C & R section.

Haha a place on the Jordan that isn't elbow to elbow. Haha good luck with that. What would be the fun if you had room to fish?

Don't let the crowds discourage you...there's still places to get in, especially after noon.

Becker, you must be going to the wrong spot on the Jordan. On the rare opening day of late when I have not had to work, I have been able to walk down to Jordan and get a good spot to fish right away at 8 AM. No standing around waiting for the opening "bell." Just know your habitat and go to the side of the stream from which it is more difficult to approach.

Mike I fish behind your house on opening day for the last 15 years. I know it like the back of my hand. Come down and say hi.

Back