Your 2024 Fly Fishing Ambitions

I had not read through the posts from the beginning of this thread until now. Wishing caddisflyer well.
Thank you. I am doing surprisingly well after a difficult period of chemo, radiation and surgery. My doctors are even amazed. I don't want to get too ****y about things though because cancer is very sneaky. Going today for more scans. I have had a so so year in terms of catching fish but a very good year in terms of my appreciation of life. Enjoy every minute folks!

Thank you. I am doing surprisingly well after a difficult period of chemo, radiation and surgery. My doctors are even amazed. I don't want to get too ****y about things though because cancer is very sneaky. Going today for more scans. I have had a so so year in terms of catching fish but a very good year in terms of my appreciation of life. Enjoy every minute folks!
Great to hear.

I have not met my goals of fishing more streams, mainly due to the hot weather and warm waters. Looking forward to cooler weather. The Upper Branch of the Delaware does stay cold, but it's 3 hours away so can't do it very frequently. Hope to go there very soon.

My goals for the year were
1. Enter a fly fishing contest and do well. - I did and placed 3rd out of like 50 entrants
2. Spend more time throwing streamers - I have, although it’s hard to put euronymph rod down when it’s working well
3. Travel outside of PA - I fished SD, WY, MT, ID and WV
4. Find some new streams and fish new regions of PA. - so far not done enough of this yet. Hopefully in the fall or next spring.

My goals for the year were
1. Enter a fly fishing contest and do well. - I did and placed 3rd out of like 50 entrants
2. Spend more time throwing streamers - I have, although it’s hard to put euronymph rod down when it’s working well
3. Travel outside of PA - I fished SD, WY, MT, ID and WV
4. Find some new streams and fish new regions of PA. - so far not done enough of this yet. Hopefully in the fall or next spring.
Aggressive and worthy objectives.

Back