Anywhere in the state fishing well right now?

JSky

I usually don’t trout fish this time of year, but I’ve got the itch and the weather is going to be very cool the next few days. I’ve also got vacation time to burn. anyone willing to share a region that is fishing well and water temps are at a safe level for this fish? I’m driving from Pittsburgh but willing to travel 4 hours.

Pretty much the whole state (other than perhaps the Laurel Highlands) has had really good rainfall over the last two weeks. Unless you’re talking the really big, marginal over the Summer limestoners like Penns and the Little J, you’ll be fine. (I assume you’re talking about Trout.) Conditions are actually really really good for August. Wish I had the time and availability to get out and enjoy it.

Yeah, now should be a good time to get out
Forecast for the burgh calling for highs in the low '70's, and lows in the '50's the next 3 days

I’ve been having great luck on small brookie streams (south central pa) but today was a different story as three of the four creeks I tried were almost dried up and the bigger stream that was still fishable was pretty low which made fishing a pain. Seems like my part of the state got less rain than the amounts everyone has been talking about and the effects of it were short lived. Fishing on the limestoners has been amazing though, fish are really agressive on top, seems like every time I look under a bridge I see a lot of bigger than average fish for the stream I’m fishing rising repeatedly to who knows what. And then I proceed to spook them on my first cast

Back