Seaguar Red Label

B

Brown71

Anyone have any experience with this line? Usually buy a different brand, but they did not have it when I was at the store the other day. Bought this instead for a quick fix and I seem to be having break offs with it.

I rarely, if ever have breakoffs due to line. Wondering if this is the culprit. Broke off 2 fish in the last 2 days that never should have broke. 20" range not a drop bigger.

Thanks for any help/info.

I've had good luck with it but I've never used it in anything less than 8lb test. Haven't had any trouble any of the common knots, seems to do well for a low cost fluoro option.

Kev

I agree with PennKev. I use the 10 or 12 lb for all my carp fishing and have been very pleased with it. Only time it breaks with when I set the hook like Babe Winkleman.

Never used the red label, but I've used Saguar in the past and I though it was the best Flouro. line out there. I don't know whether that Flouro is the old type or the new type. Everyone that used the old type complained about break-offs. I never lost a fish when using Saguar. I don't have any left to check the label, but I know what I was using wasn't red label.
As with any tippet material if it gets old it tends to break, you may have simply gotten old material. I've used it down to 6X.

Thank you all for the replies.

Never used red. I currently use Blue Label for leaders and tippet, and I'm very happy. But this is 15-50lb currently. Nothing small.

Have used the red in 4-6-8 lb for tippet. Had no issues. But I prefer the Invis-x (blue label) as it is a little more supple and not quite as stiff. $18 for 250 yards of tippet you can't beat it.

I used to use it a lot for bass and walleye fishing. I have found that it seems to stretch and become brittle in terms of knot strength. An example to back this up is I freshly spooled line onto my reel and caught a 6 lb bass on a crank bait, then broke off on a 2 lb one only 20 minutes later. This was using the same drag, same lure, same everything. Just seemed to break without much tension on it after an outing or two.

I prefer dewars white label to red label. Black label costs more but I don't think it's worth it. I can't afford blue label.

Back