Saying goodbye to Montana......

S

SmoothOperator

Well the time is drawing near to the end for the year....... I've been in Montana since mid-June and I have to come back to Pa. ( take my wife to some wedding and see the doctor to make sure my Blood Pressure is within the D.O.T. standards so I can keep my C.D.L.) I'm hoping I can get back and stay till the snow flies, but It's a long shot.......I want to sell my house and buy a Tour Bus but my wife says no.......Have a business that keeps getting work thrown at it ,so it's also hard to shut it down .....( remember starting it and making $50.00 / week) .......This weekend is gonna be a killer when I leave...... A lot of people out here are saying fish hard till dark ,then come back to the campsite and drink heavily......

lot of people B.S.ing you for some reason.Lived in Montana for 33 years-know from much experience some of the very best, most exciting fishing is from mid September until mid to late Oct. or even early Nov. weather permitting from Sundown until an hour after sunrise. Then you sleep-.
Talking 2,3 up to 6 four pounders or better per outing not one a week or so. Streamers,above lakes on rivers like the missouri--- yeah,you are fishing spawning runs so be gentle but be there if you want the best of the best. Does feel comforting to at least pack a snubnose .38 or .357 ,can get mighty lonely out there by your self while the experts are sleeping.
Bad weather[just not too bad] count yourself lucky- can be good all day but the big guys and gals drop into deep water when the sun hits the water. No sun or at nite-riffles and inside bends is where they stack up... I use to take a couple of weeks of vacation to get the best of the best,helps to have five or six weeks if you are married-gotta keep the gals happy.

Snow flies ? Week before labor day until father's day in the Bozeman area- when I lived there-takes a couple hard frosts[usually early Sept . to clear and drop the water and get the ball really rolling--so I targeted last week of Sept. to Mid Oct. when I could..

Back