Saltwater Jam - Sandy Hook: 11-17-2013

Not much happening from the surf, at least during the day.

Yesterday's Report from Betty and Nick's: UPDATED 5:04 AM Other than just a few fish at night, and that's really only if you know what you are doing, fishing during the day in this area has been absolutely awful. Thankfully if you come here to fish, it's nice and easy on you with serene conditions. Other than that, things are terrible.

Here is today's video report from Betty & Nick's:

i'd say the fishing is off because the tides are to. by the end of the week if should pickup. plus this calm weather doesn't help.

I'm ready with the tackle :lol: , I will join the party if I can.

Attachments

• fishing for stripes.jpg
    fishing for stripes.jpg
    177.6 KB · Views: 4
Well I have been silent lately on here due to the fact of all the challenges that have been getting thrown my way . I am still iffy for sun work is giving me issues with getting off . But I will deff be down Fri and Sat . If I can't make Sun I would greatly appreciate if someone could show the new guys the ropes for me . I will be staying at the beachwalk in Sea Bright Fri night and maybe even sat night work permitting. The rates have went up but you can't really beat the location beach in the front bay in the back with a dock with lights . If anyone has found a better place to stay shoot me a pm . Seems like fishing has finally started to pic up and should only improve over the next two weeks .

So what's the headcount and timing on this? I have to make a final decision early next week and was wondering about Friday and fishing. If I can go (work issues) I would hope to head there Fri and would like to fish, but I'll need someone to show me the ropes because i have little experience in this type of fishing. I'm a quick learner though. I'm hoping to stay both Fri and Sat nights.
John

JF_ wrote:
So what's the headcount and timing on this? I have to make a final decision early next week and was wondering about Friday and fishing. If I can go (work issues) I would hope to head there Fri and would like to fish, but I'll need someone to show me the ropes because i have little experience in this type of fishing. I'm a quick learner though. I'm hoping to stay both Fri and Sat nights.
John

I'll be there shoot me a pm with your #

I'll be there but the date is still in the air - certainly Sat and I might be able to make it Fri-Sun.

Scheduled my days off based on the OP. Too short notice to change my work schedule. Won't be able to make it. Have fun guys! Post a report.

I plan on getting there sat morning and staying until Sunday midday-ish. Fingers are crossed for good weather. Looking forward to this one!

I'll be somewhere on Sunday. If no one is staying up for sunday I'll go somewhere closer, If people are planning to fish sunday I'll head up early sunday morning.

Any word on hotels or meals?

Fredrick,
Is the Beachfront an actual hotel? I'm not familiar with that part of NJ and don't have lodging arranged yet. How 'bout meals - is anyone linking up anywhere on Sat night to eat? Is there a parking lot or access site where folks will link up to fish on Saturday or Sunday? Times?

(I'll have my cell but don't like texting)

Fishidiot wrote:

Fredrick,
Is the Beachfront an actual hotel? I'm not familiar with that part of NJ and don't have lodging arranged yet. How 'bout meals - is anyone linking up anywhere on Sat night to eat? Is there a parking lot or access site where folks will link up to fish on Saturday or Sunday? Times?

I called the hotel and the town of Sea Bright has allot of restaurants open right now but lets see how the fishing is before we talk about dinner:-D. There will be people there on sunday a few of them from my TU and some from here there is a good possibility I will be also just not confirmed . But most will be there Saturday .

http://www.beachwalknj.com

Sea Bright Restaurants

http://www.stripersonline.com/t/915224/fishing-in-nj-for-november-2013

Fishidiot wrote:
How 'bout meals - is anyone linking up anywhere on Sat night to eat?

Count me in for this...gotta fuel up before the evening shift.

The Mad Hatter looks good

http://madhatternj.com/football-specials/

I can probably help out sunday. ill also be fishing one of the Friday or sat nights not sure where.

Fishidiot wrote:

Fredrick,

Fredrick wrote:
most will be there Saturday.

Ugh....you may want to narrow it down as to where and when, Fred?

Attachments

• sandy-hook-photos.jpg
    sandy-hook-photos.jpg
    728.3 KB · Views: 4
Reports from SOL say they are dredging close to the beach at Sandy hook. It seems like its right where we were planning on fishing. New location?

Tom it's not a mass march to the beach people are arriving at different times . Most will be fishing the false hook .Most are staying at the beachwalk hotel. Park opens around 530 am closes a little after dark . After we leave the park we will decide what we want to do from there . We are right next to Jetty country or people could just fish the ocean in front of the hotel or the bay in the back . Most have each others cell phone numbers so we will find the fish. I plan on heading down thursday to do some recon and today I will find out more about the beach replenishment . It is a long walk from the North beach lot to the False hook so pack food and pack light. If anyone has more questions shoot me a PM.

Info from First Salt
Salt Jam 2011

Pics from first Jam

Pics

Thread from cancelled Jam

Cancelled Jam

Thinking about heading up thursday afternoon if anyone is around.

Back