"Reel Problem"

StudentofTheStream

StudentofTheStream

As the title suggests I've got a "Reel Problem," pun intended. Cabelas has had the first genearation Ross Momentums on sale for a huge discount for quite sometime. Today I checked back and now they've knocked an additional $50 off and that just put me over the edge when I was way too close already.

Heck of a deal when you can get a reel of that status for roughly 67% off. Plus had a coupon for another $20 off so I paid $165 for a reel that retailed at $495. Will be great for the salt.

I think I need to block myself from anything FF gear related on the net as I have little will power on deals like that, even though I don't necessary "need" the stuff.

Anyone else have similar issues with this stuff or do I stand alone in my FF gear addiction?

One thing's for sure, you can go broke saving money!

You have plenty of company in that department.My car won't go by a flyshop without pulling in!

My friend who tie's my flies for me the other day,called me just to see how I was and how the fishing was going. I ended up ordering 2 dozen flies, believe me I don't need anymore flies!

PaulG

Dear Student,

Always remeber the old saying, "you can't putt with a 9 iron."

If a golf expression but since I also used to play a fair amount of golf I recognized the need for all 14 clubs and applied that convoluted logic to my fishing equipment.

I have back-ups for my back up equipment. I went to the beach recently and took 9 rods and reels for a total of 2 fishermen. We actually used and caught fish on 5 different rigs so I figure carrying the extra stuff panned out?

As long as I keep believing that I'll keep accumulating gear.

Regards,
Tim Murphy :)

Back