Recent Rain

Thanks for the info.Tim. I’ll have to check out that place. I go out Lancaster way a few times a year. I do think what I paid is steep. Seems like most stands in my area are pricy $. and unfortunately the one about a mile from the house closed this year. They used a building on someone else’s property and the rent got raised. (Go figure )Peach’s are going for a buck a piece. It’s still a little early in Mont. / Bucks area for corn. The stands in my area bring it in from Lancaster.
Dear javelin389t,

Peaches are $ 3.00 a quart at the Corn Wagon. I paid $ 7.00 for 10 locally last Saturday. They have been very good the two times I bought them locally but $ .70 a piece is kind of salty. Here is the price list for the place.

Sweet Corn - $4.50/13 ears
Peaches - $3.00/quart
Green Bell Peppers - 3/$1.00
Eggplants - $1.00 each
Tomatoes - by the piece or quart
Cucumbers - 4/$3.00
Zucchini - priced by size
Sweet "Candy" Onions - $1.00 each
Cantaloupes - priced by size

Regards,

Tim Murphy :)

Philly area got pounded with storms. A tree came through my next door neighbor's roof. Has little kids too, but everyone is okay. More storms tonight.

They were very isolated over the weekend. I had very little rain on Sunday, but enough to get me out to chase some local smallmouths. Five miles away, the crick was blown out....

On the way home from work today I saw a sign for sweet corn for $4 per dozen. I'll have to stop there tomorrow.

Just a little rain here in Centre Cty this afternoon.

Last edited:
On the way home from work today I saw a sign for sweet corn for $4 per dozen. I'll have to stop there tomorrow.
Dear troutbert,

Without trying to be too nosey care to share the town and closest road. That's a great price and me and the wife might want to take a drive on Saturday.

Regards,

Here in York, we got wrecked yesterday. Sheer winds dropped a tree on every road for about 4 miles. I spent 2 hours with 2 other neighbors just trying to clear one lane up from my house. Whole woodline was toppled like dominos. Then today, we got sent home early from work as we were only being powered by a generator and thats not enough for what we do. So i spent 3 hours cutting up one tree in this blasted humid heat. I think i have about 5 weekends worth of work with my saw to do, plus im so behind on building my shed that im about ready to weep some tears. I just want to go fishing dang it.

Finally got a pretty good soaker here between 4 and 6pm.
Should help things out a bit

Rain also brought cooler air temps, that are supposed to last at least a few days.
Prolly be able to give AC a break for awhile

yikes! a dollar an ear. Even paying the "upcharge" for buying it in State college proper at the farmstead I think my wife pays about 0.30 or 0.35 an ear. If we wanted to go to belleville, gees, it might be 0.25 an ear.
correction. I asked her. Corn went up this year to 0.40 or 0.45 an ear in state college right now. Inflation.

Dear troutbert,

Without trying to be too nosey care to share the town and closest road. That's a great price and me and the wife might want to take a drive on Saturday.

Regards,

It's on the road between Bellefonte and Zion. It's not a regular stand. It looks like just a regular house along the road and they've got some corn for sale.

It's on the road between Bellefonte and Zion. It's not a regular stand. It looks like just a regular house along the road and they've got some corn for sale.
Lots of corn popping up at that price between state college and wilpo. Seems cheaper than the past few years. I recall being happy with 5 bucks a dozen last year unless you were buying bulk. I just heard today of an amish farm selling 100ears for 32 bucks. Time to get some for the freezer

Back