Recent Rain

It’s a week since our last rain. It’s raining is the Philly area now How about central Pennsylvania?

Just another teaser last night. Just enough rain to dampen the lawn and leave rain drops on my car.
Not in Central PA. I was driving to State College last night to go to Home Depot, and it was POURING on the northern end of Mifflin County and Southern Centre County. And it wasn't over in 10 minutes. It lasted like 45 minutes. It rained over much of the area.

When I was fishing in the Juniata River in Lewistown at 1:00 pm, it rained off and on for the three hours I was fishing. At times, the rain was heavy, too.

I feel blessed we got some good soakers.

Not a drop here in Baltimore County. The Maryland area where I live is bone dry. My lawn is baked to a crisp.

The rain seems to pass us by each time.

We had heavy rain for at least 30 minutes last evening and then it lingered around with drizzle and showers through this morning. I had standing water in my dead lawn which drains really well so it must have come down at a pretty good clip. Prior to that, the only rain I can think of was on July 4th or 5th. Flash flood type of rain where we got three inches and 40 minutes

Got hammered here yesterday with several long , heavy downpours.
Enough to ease things for awhile

Most of the USGS gauges are in the green (between the 25th and 75th percentiles versus this date in historical years) in NCPA right now. Still not good for fishing conditions, but for this time of year, low flows like this are “normal”.

Nothing at all here in Bucks Co. Havent cut lawn in 3 weeks, its essentially gone dormant. Lake Galena up the road is having toxic algae blooms, its bad

Haven't cut the grass in 3 weeks? I've mowed once since June 1st. Lawn isn't dormant.... it's dead. Starting to rot and will need redone. Strange thing is you get one valley over to fishing creek and the grass is alive/ green. Everything has avoided me for weeks and weeks

Haven't cut the grass in 3 weeks? I've mowed once since June 1st. Lawn isn't dormant.... it's dead. Starting to rot and will need redone. Strange thing is you get one valley over to fishing creek and the grass is alive/ green. Everything has avoided me for weeks and weeks
Dear krayfish,

Maybe somewhere in FCV got rain but I've only cut my lawn once since Memorial Day and that was last weekend. My lawn is still fairly green but that is because of zoysia grass in front along with a mix of hardy, drought resistant weeds. We did get decent rain last evening, but it didn't do much.

Regards,

Tim Murphy 🙂

Back