Public or Private?

and if I had won the Irish sweepstakes ain't none of you would get near the Letort.

There's already barely anyone there lol

JackM said exactly how I was. I waded downstream through the stream, and part of it was posted. Not the water obviously, but the land. I wasnt even near it, I was about halfway across the stream.

Man Pcray, you might consider warning people to put on hippers when readin' some of your posts, lol. Page 5 has some real classics, mighta outdid yourself there. :lol:

RyanR wrote:
Man Pcray, you might consider warning people to put on hippers when readin' some of your posts, lol. Page 5 has some real classics, mighta outdid yourself there. :lol:

Give him an enema and you could bury him in a shoebox. :p

Yo! You may think those comments are funny, but they are unthoughtful and unkind. I admit I need to sometimes gear myself up to indulge in pcrayisms sometimes, but they are always thoughtful and well written. His grammar won't get the grammar police upset, he knows how to spell, and if he had several beers when writing, it doesn't show. He definitely digs in and gets into the subject in depth when he posts those longer pieces, and I almost always learn something from them, even though I must have twice his experience.

lestrout wrote:
Yo! You may think those comments are funny, but they are unthoughtful and unkind.

Agree 100%.

Relax a bit lestrout. Pcray's a good fella and I often learn a thing or two from some of his posts too. I can't speak for anyone else but I was just having some fun with P because I'm pretty sure he has a sense of humor too. But Ive got myself signed up for a sensitivity class though on the 12th of never. ;-)

troutbert wrote:
lestrout wrote:
Yo! You may think those comments are funny, but they are unthoughtful and unkind.

Agree 100%.

Yea, you guys should quit picking on my little buddy.;-)

I'm with Farmer Dave. Pcray is ok in my book.

John, best comment ever. :lol: :pint: GG

I think some of you fellas need to get off the computer and go fish all the open water that exists in PA...Your missing a great opportunity... :)

Ron

Good call, I'm planning a trip to the open sections of Fishing Creek for this weekend as we speak. Gassing up the Mini and picking up a case of Busch Light pounders after work today. Anyone up that way have a bait report as to what's working well lately? ;-)

Hendrickson's and little Blue Quills are the ticket. Tan and Green caddis are also coming off in heavy amounts. Good fishing right now. I'll be up there as well fishing and patrolling.

Ron

Thanks. Was looking more for nighties, mealies, waxies, or minnies though. I'll just get a lil of each.

Just put a new tuned up exhaust on the Mini. Should be able to hear me coming all the way from Lewisburg.

Swattie,

All the kids use powerbait now. Just make sure you use a 1/0 treble to hold it all.

Swattie87 wrote:
Thanks. Was looking more for nighties, mealies, waxies, or minnies though. I'll just get a lil of each.

Just put a new tuned up exhaust on the Mini. Should be able to hear me coming all the way from Lewisburg.

Butter worms. Or maybe I should say Butta Worms.

I was up at the same piece of water where the guy yelled at me last week. His son rode down to the creek and gave me a wave. I helped him hook his winch up to a fallen tree and pull it out. The fallen tree where i lost my big fish lol. Lots of bugs hatching. Blue quills, quill gordons, saw mostly tan caddis, hendricksons, big black stones and a few smaller goldens. At dusk we had a spinner fall of hendricksons. Caught a few nice wild browns on a hackle wing rusty spinner.

fisherboy3 wrote:

I helped him hook his winch up to a fallen tree and pull it out.

Some people put trees into streams; some take them out.

(Putting trees into streams for cover and pool creation is a common form of habitat improvement.)

It was a dead tree half on the bank and the other half in 8 inches of water.

fisherboy3 wrote:
It was a dead tree half on the bank and the other half in 8 inches of water.

Why did he want the tree out of the stream?

If he didn't say and you don't know, that's OK.

I'm just curious why he wanted the tree out of the stream.

If we could convince people to leave fallen trees in the streams they would have much better habitat and support more and larger trout.

But knowing why they take them out in the first place might help when trying to convince them to change their practices.

Back