Protection on the water

I hear ya Sasquatch. Illegal, illogical, and downright stupid. My cabin is across the Leidy bridge and up the mountain.

I always carry regardless of where I'm at.

outsider wrote:
I hear ya Sasquatch. Illegal, illogical, and downright stupid. My cabin is across the Leidy bridge and up the mountain.

yeah I remember you saying that a while back in another thread, and also saying how you basically have an infestation of bear on the mountain.

Granted, I don't blame the bear, and I love seeing them, even in numbers. But there's natural observation, and then there's dangerously close encounters because of idiotic human activity.

I quit carriying when I left Vietnam but I do have a permit and usually have a gun in my truck

I don't see any rabid gun fearing responses, I think most people here agree it's one's right to carry regardless of the reason. Personally, my Sheriff says I can if I would like to but I don't feel the need at this point to arm myself every time I go out, that's just me. If you want to, that's also fine but some of the stock answers for doing so seem illogical if not untrue. I just happened to come across a higher percentage of pistol packers this year while fishing and more than once had fellows patting their concealed carries in the course of a friendly conversation and that strikes me as funny, also just me. I don't feel the need to carry just because I can nor would I carry just to make a point, I guess that puts me outside of the mainstream gun culture and also outside of the anti-gun zealots which suits me to a tee, I guess I walk the down the middle of the road.

Blue I think your response puts you smack dab in the middle of the mainstream gun culture. The pistol patters and those who want to let others know they are armed are the moron gun wankers that give us mainstream guys a bad name.

I always carry rubbers.

An elderly lady got pulled over for speeding. When the trooper asked for license and registration she opened her purse and the trooper noticed a hand gun. He asked her about it, she said it was a loaded 38 and she had a permit to carry a concealed weapon. He asked if she had any other weapons, she replied she had a loaded 44 in the glove compartment and a loaded 357 under the seat.
He asked ma'am what are you afraid of. She replied "ABSOLUTEY NOTHING"

I am afraid of that lady, quite frankly.

JackM wrote:

Yea, elderly ladies shouldn't even be driving let alone speeding. :lol:

pcray1231 wrote:

I think it was a joke. But regardless. Why are you afraid of her?
same reason I would be afraid of the 97 year old lady that was car jacked today down here in Florida-ask me again in 23 years.lol

Back