Proposed Newbie Brush-up Day, Saturday, May 5th at 10AM

Hey Shirke,

Yes, that was me. I can't remember if I was with Heritage Angler or Volksnurse at the moment.

How do I put this diplomatically????? Oh Yeah.....If it was someone younger than me, it was Volksnurse. If it was someone closer to my age, it was Heritage Angler. :-0

Dave

djs12354 wrote:

How do I put this diplomatically????? Oh Yeah.....If it was someone younger than me, it was Volksnurse. If it was someone closer to my age, it was Heritage Angler. :-0

Dave

Yeah. Ed is kinda oldish.

Volksnurse wrote:
Ed is kinda oldish.

At least I don't have to drive a trans-gender econobox. :cool:

Heritage-Angler wrote:
Volksnurse wrote:
Ed is kinda oldish.

At least I don't have to drive a trans-gender econobox. :cool:

Ouch. A little help here gfen?

Always a good time getting together with a bunch sponges for FF info. Doesn't hurt that those sponges have some great personalities either. We will do it again in June I hope but VN and DJS are no longer considered newbies. Fox has spoken! They are doing way too well for that. The other guys may still be newbies but not for long. Stagger Lee will be there soon. I saw the lightbulb go on once he got that fish. John (don't remember John's ID) has a great nymphing technique as does MrWisker. John that first fish is coming and remember to post when you get it. Thanks to a great bunch of guys for making a Satrurday a lot of fun.

Well I am sorry that I missed you guys but I did enjoy the time out. Hopefully next time I will bump into a few more and get to know you guys a little better. Sounds like it was a success overall. That is great!

Heritage-Angler wrote:
Hi RC - I was looking for you, but since we've never met, I had no idea who you were.

Some basic instruction on the fundamentals will go a long way...

Feel free to PM me if you'd like to get together. I can usually free up an hour or two most any day.

H.A.

Thanks HA. I should have pm-ed you last week when you offered.

I'm not sure of my schedule for this week but I'll send you a pm. Thanks again.

Fox, nice to have met you and djs, shirk, nick, andrew, jason and a couple others on Saturday. It's good to put faces to the names on the board. HA is at everything f-fishing related...cool! Good people.
Andy

At least I don't have to drive a trans-gender econobox.
Now that is funny .. almost spit my coffee on my computer screen when I read that

Poor Volks - one would think he'd be driving a VW, but noooooo.

Attachments

• Element.jpg
    Element.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 4
BTW, the only thing I ask from you newbies is that when you progress as I know everyone of you will, remember to pay it forward and help future newbies. VN and DJS have already started to pay down their ledger and that is really great to see.

BTW, the only thing I ask from you newbies is that when you progress as I know everyone of you will, remember to pay it forward and help future newbies. VN and DJS have already started to pay down their ledger and that is really great to see.

I'm looking forward to it. That's why I do what I do for a living. I love helping other people who have never been fishing before especially kids!

slackleader, it was good meeting you too. Next time hopefully I can fish with you guys.

wait so Volks drives a Honda? Isn't that like a guy wearing a Ford shirt driving a Chevy?? jk :)

shirk81 wrote:

wait so Volks drives a Honda? Isn't that like a guy wearing a Ford shirt driving a Chevy?? jk :)

For clarity's sake, I DO drive a Honda Element, but have a clean, original wiring, never been undercoated, bondo'd, fiberglassed, or duct taped MiNtY '67 Beetle.

And a special thanks to Heritage Angler for helping me. I never knew whether my Honda Element was male or female. Now I know. How H-A found out will (hopefully) remain a mystery. :-D

Heritage-Angler wrote:
Poor Volks - one would think he'd be driving a VW, but noooooo.

Sorry Volks but, LMAO!

Foxgap239 wrote:

Fox and HA.....

I'll do my best to pass on what you gentlemen (Yeah, I referred to Fox as a gentleman) have tried to pass on to me. You, along with Moonbeam aka Dan, have made the initial period of frustration pass quickly and have shown me that I can participate in this sport and have a chance of doing it well.

Thanks!

Now, what poor newer than me newbie can I inflict myself on.......

BTW, the only thing I ask from you newbies is that when you progress as I know everyone of you will, remember to pay it forward and help future newbies.
I am actually trying to do that now. Considering that I can't give much advice to anyone, just yet; I am trying to convince a few of my golf buddies to give FF a shot. They are wondering what happened to me and I figured the best i can do now is get a few guys interested in fishing. That said I have my first recruit but he is only four (my son) who is begging to go fishing with me

Foxgap239 wrote:

A bill I don't mind paying at all.

@volks...I am jealous. This is a little off topic butI have been a vw enthusiast since my first car (88 Jetta) and owned many different ones since. One day I will have an older bug as well.

I have noticed many ppl that fly fish are generally quick to help someone they see is struggling and I think that is just another aspect as to why I love it so much.

My first car was a '68 Beetle. I can remember being able to fill the gas tank for $6, and having to top off the spare tire so the windshield washer would work - and keeping a rag handy because VW thought a defroster fan wasn't necessary. :roll:

Back