Proposed changes in Upper Delaware River Regs

My buddy is up there today. As mentioned before, the extended season is a threat to disturbing the redds / fish on the redds. It's also dramatically colder as this photo shows. This was taken today about 20 minutes away from the Delaware. I think you'd need a few more split shot to get deep enough to reach the fish. :-o :lol: :-D

Attachments

• Catskills 1-26-21.jpg
    Catskills 1-26-21.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 4
Andy,

I look at the weather up there every few days and it is so much colder there than where I live in York.Pretty much every night it is in the teens. 8 degrees for tomorrow night and minus 3 on Friday.

Those are huge numbers. You should get a guides license! You could easily have many clients willing to pop for $400 a day plus tip. I'm sure if I chose to go to the nymph I could rack up some high daily counts. I can nymph but am too lazy to want to do it. I prefer locating a fish, anchoring, and seeing if it will eat.

Matt,

Sometimes I don't have the patience to sit and wait for a hatch or rising fish. Just float around BS-ing and soaking a nymph. It can be quite effective. It's all about reading the water, running your junk through holding water and a little luck never hurts.

Andy,

I surely know how to do it, and still that is my only method for steelhead, however my mobility issues really preclude me from wading the Delaware. Too deep and too fast. Whereas the steelhead streams I fish in Ohio I rarely need to wade deeper than my knees to reach good holding water with nymphs or to swing streamers.

Back