Post Pattern Fly Swap

Some fine flies came in the mail today! Thanks to JimNovo for starting this swap out in fine fashion.

Kim

Flies are on their way.

I got some fine ties in today's mail. Thanks to JMP, laszlo, and dc410 for their fine flies.

Kim

GREAT NEWS! I got the last 3 sets of flies in the mail today - all received BEFORE the due date. Great job everyone!

Kim

Flies were delivered today. They look great. Very nice ties, i think they're all fish catchers. It is interesting to compare other post patterns to my own to get a better idea of how others are doing post proportions and how heavy or light to hackle the fly.

Kim- I on the Spotter Midge you included, does the tall spotter post cause the fly to roll over onto the water? If not, that might be something i have to think about for some of my smaller, hard to see flies. An interesting idea. Thanks for hosting the swap, and the bonus materials and extra flies as well. You always do a great job hosting. keep up the good work.

I received my flies yesterday as well. What a solid selection of patterns represented in this swap. Very well done by all the tyers.

Thanks to Kim for another very well facilitated swap. I appreciate the extra flies, write up on the recipes, tying instructions and history of the patterns and the extra tying materials sent along. Thanks again, Kim!

Flies were delivered today. They look great. Very nice ties, i think they're all fish catchers. It is interesting to compare other post patterns to my own to get a better idea of how others are doing post proportions and how heavy or light to hackle the fly.

Kim- I on the Spotter Midge you included, does the tall spotter post cause the fly to roll over onto the water? If not, that might be something i have to think about for some of my smaller, hard to see flies. An interesting idea. Thanks for hosting the swap, and the bonus materials and extra flies as well. You always do a great job hosting. keep up the good work.
Well, the Spotter Midge was developed by Mary Dette so I feel I'm not one to question a member of the HOF - I'd blame the tyer! I did tie this fly with a bit extra biot height figuring that it is easier to cut it shorter than try and stretch the material.

And yes, my first thought went to ant patterns utilizing a white, orange, or other bright and not usually seen color you'd find on the water. I had never seen another pattern utilizing a biot post - that's why I included it in this swap. I'ts always fun to get the creative juices flowing!

I was most happy to see you back in one of my swaps! Take care my friend and look forward to the next swap that we share.

Kim

Like I've said before - swaps are a labor of love! I'm glad that you enjoyed it. As far as the extra flies - well, I look at what pattern I'd like to tie and ALWAYS find more than one to my liking, so I do like I do at a buffet. If they ask if I want chicken, beef, or the pasta I simply say YES! :giggle:

Hope to swap with you in the future.

Kim

Lazlo- what kind of dubbing did you use on the size 16 Parachute Adams? i like the subtle sparkle it puts out.

Would anyone like to post pictures of the flies for this swap?

Kim

Kim,

I would be willing to post up photos of the flies in this swap. Bear in mind that I don’t have any technical camera equipment and would be taking them only with my iPhone. However, I still think I can get decent photos. If somebody else is set up with better equipment for the task that’s great too. Just let me know if you want me to proceed with getting the photos ready. Thanks.

I appreciate the offer! The job is yours if we don't here from someone else doesn't step forward in the next 48 hours. That sound fair?

Kim

Back