Post Pattern Fly Swap

We only have 5 swappers! Sometimes I wish it were either two or twenty! I'm going to extend the registration date only for another 10 days. If we do get one or two more the remaining time should still be enough to tie the flies needed.

Does this change affect anyone else's standing in this swap? Let me know.

Kim

We only have 5 swappers! Sometimes I wish it were either two or twenty! I'm going to extend the registration date only for another 10 days. If we do get one or two more the remaining time should still be enough to tie the flies needed.

Does this change affect anyone else's standing in this swap? Let me know.

Kim
I’m in…even at 5. Heck, I’ll tie 2 flies for each person.

Thanks for the offer. I posted a plea on the beginner's forum section. It looks like we need new blood from somewhere and I am used to using my swaps to instruct newer tyers. When I tie for a swap, whether hosting or not, I approach it like I'm at a buffet - when given 3 choices I just say "Yes".

Let's see how things go. I'm on another site and my swap filled in 48 hours and I've seen swaps on that site filled in less than 4 hours! And I'm one of ~9 active swap hosts on that site. We'll get there.

Kim

I’m still good with your extension, Kim. I hope we pick up a few more tyers. Thanks.

Fall has been busy with work. Now that things are starting to settle into place, i need a good push to get back at the bench and do some more tying. jumping into a swap is always a fun way to get motivated and Kim does a great job of organizing them. Count me in. I'll try something new and do a Rusty Parachute (think Rusty Spinner, but converted to parachute style). Let us know the final count so i know how many to send along. Thanks for hosting Kim.

This makes #6! Since I advertised the extension to the 26th I want to honor that as the last sign-up date. But, I am happy to say, THE SWAP IS ON!

Bocianka1, it'll be great to swap with you again!

Kim

Everyone okay if I tie an Elk Hair Caddis? Size 14 or 16?

You'll need only 1 fly per person and I'll let everyone know the final count on the 27th. The Elk Hair Caddis is a fine pattern for this swap theme. Check your PM.

Kim

UPDATE: 7 total swappers with extended registration closing in 6 days - the 26th. I'll post the official final total on the 27th so you all know the total number of flies to tie.

THANK YOU so much for your patience and understanding!

Kim

Fall has been busy with work. Now that things are starting to settle into place, i need a good push to get back at the bench and do some more tying. jumping into a swap is always a fun way to get motivated and Kim does a great job of organizing them. Count me in. I'll try something new and do a Rusty Parachute (think Rusty Spinner, but converted to parachute style). Let us know the final count so i know how many to send along. Thanks for hosting Kim.
Our last swap was the Grizzly Adams Swap if I remember correctly. I'm looking forward to your offering this time.

Kim

Registration is closed for this swap!

We have 7 total swappers so each of you need to tie and mail into me 7 flies (don't forget your toe tags!) to me by Monday, November 14th. I'll PM you my address today and I look forward to your ties!

Here's the official roster:

Post Pattern Swap

1) dc410 - Parachute Ant
2) JimNovo - BWO Parachute Emerger
3) laszlo - Parachute Adams
4) JMP - Parachute Sulphur Emereger
5) lprudente - Hendrickson Parachute Emerger
6) Bociacka1 - Rusty Parachute
7) moosemadnesslfyco -Elk Hair Caddis

Have fun!

Kim

On a side note - BUT related to the theme!

College footballs "Biggest Little Game" will be taking place on Saturday, November 12th at Yankee Stadium with a 12 Noon kick-off. It's the Cortaca Jug game between the Cortland State Red Dragons and the Ithaca College Bombers. This rivalry is between 2 Division III schools with quite the sports pedigrees. In fact, the 2019 game held at MetLife Stadium drew the largest crowd to EVER see a Division III football game with over 45,000 people in attendance!

I have more than one connection with this rivalry. The original Cortaca Jug was purchased in Homer, NY from a neighbor and good friend of my grandfather - my family has deep roots in the Homer/Cortland area. My mom owned college housing in Cortland - right next to a famous landmark, The 1890 House Museum - that held over 70 students at that address. And I grew up within walking distance of Cortland State's athletic fields and played many a game of football, baseball and softball in my formative (i.e. MUCH younger days! :rolleyes: ) years. All I can say is...

Go Dragons! Beat the Bombers!!
Kim

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Here's your reminders!

I need your flies in by Saturday, November 12th - that'll give you another
weekend to tie!

A good way to remember this date is that this is the day of the
"Biggest Little Game of the Country" in college football! Cortland State vs.
Ithaca College at Yankee Stadium with a noon kick-off.

Kim
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I also mailed my flies today.

Back