Possible PAFF mini Jam: (the search for cold water) next saturday?

jayL

jayL

All,

Ian and I had an idea that we figured we'd throw out there.

We kinda wanna get out of the southeast for a day of fishing... We were thinking the Gunpowder in MD, but we're not set on it.

We'd like to see if anyone would be game for a day of fishing... It would be cool to get some participation to get this together, as alot of us are itching to fish some colder water this time of year.

We were thinking some of the central PA streams as well, but we're not too sure about that.

Anybody wanna fish the Gunpowder next weekend? Anybody have any ideas where else to go?

Also, if we do decide to go to Maryland, how much does a temp out of state license cost? Can it be purchased online?

If this will work, we can hammer out the details here.

We would be able to have people from the SE region tag along for a little help with gas and tolls, so feel free to join in.

Look forward to seeing at least a few of you there!

Edit:

I'm about to go do those things that guys my age do on friday nights, so I might not be coherent enough to give valuable information until tomorrow. Take the reigns, Ian.

The MD temp license is the same price as Pa's I would love to go but I got work.... :-(

If we decide to go to the Gunpowder, we can order licenses here:

MD Licenses

The licenses will cost $26.

Guys

Maurice and i fish the GP throughout the year( great stream), If you decide to go keep me in mind.

PaulG

Paul,

If that's where we go then you and anyone else who wants to join is welcome.

I'll talk to Ian, and we'll post more detail asap.

Ok.

Just talked to Ian, and it looks like we're going to leave early saturday, camp somewhere in that area saturday night and fish the morning sunday as well.

Who's in?

JayL,
Are you going to take Route 30 to York and then head south? I may be up for it on Saturday. It has been a few years since I fished the Gunpowder.

Can anyone suggest a good, affordable spot to camp?

Ian

I stayed at Morris Medows Campgrounds, it not far from the GP, it's right off of route 83. Im pretty sure it's KOA so it's a little costly, but it's a very nice CG's. i don't know of any other CG's in the area!

Here is the phone # 410- 329- 6636

PaulG

Kweaver,

Not sure... Ian's driving. I'll get back to you as soon as I know.

Alright guys.

Last call.

We're taking 2 cars saturday (as in August 4) morning. Anyone who wants to go speak now, or forever hold your peace.

We're going to be staying at the KOA campground that paul mentioned above.

Kweaver, shouldn't be a problem to pick you up. I'll pm you with information.

PaulG, check your pm inbox as well.

Back