Pocono brookies

C

Clams

Spent the weekend in the Poconos and fished a couple of Class A's on Friday and Sunday. On Friday I hit a stream in Luzerne County. Weather was sunny with temps in the low 70's. Not really any bugs in the air but it didn't matter, the brookies were happy to take pretty much any fly I used, mostly a 16 elk hair caddis and a 14 red humpy. There was action in just about every pool and run I fished. I probably landed 25 trout (and missed at least that many) in 4 hours. On Sunday I hit a stream in Lackawanna County. It was much cooler (low 60's, damp and cloudy) and they weren't interested in dries. Eventually I switched to a black stone fly nymph and landed a couple. All in all a great weekend on the water. The creeks and foliage were beautiful, the weather was great, and the fish were stunning and super aggressive (at least on Friday). Plus it's always great when your research (looking at maps and class A lists, etc) results in a great day on new water. Good times.

bPMzTJE.jpg

MT2OH6D.jpg

HvRXrvD.jpg

vhTru5T.jpg

y32nhS1.jpg

Looks like you had a nice Autumn day on the stream. Did you get a water temp by chance?

Both streams were 59-60 degrees

Nice! Starting to look a lot like fall.

cool, love those fall brookies.

Nice day, Dave!

Back