PFBC on Stocking over Wild Fish

Yes it is. Good point. Sasquatch. I recall close to twenty years ago seeing some PFC officials at a public meeting sitting in front of a big banner saying "Resource First" (if I recall). telling a group of concerned anglers that there was nothing to be worried about in regards to the Susquehanna River Smallmouth Bass.

FYI,
The present issue of Pennsylvania Outdoor News has an article about this topic and how it played out at the last PFBC meeting. It looks like September's meeting might be crucial for Class A decisions.

vcregular wrote:
The Perryville lowhead dam is owned by some town up that way for water supply - - or at least used for some other significant purpose. I don't see it coming out anytime soon. As Mike said in another post - it is easy to say - rip it out - but it takes two to tango. And in this case the owner does not want to dance. That said I feel better mgmt of the beltzville releaases could at least negate parts of the negative effects of that low head. By that - I mean higher min releases in the summer, and at a lower temp. And don't blow such cold water early on in the season. Save the cold. Dump the upper water from one of the seven selective withdrawl ports. For all I know some are prolly rusted shut. Regardless, that lake has a lot of cold water this time of year.

Back