Peacock Flash Caddis

Leteras

Leteras

Let me know what you guys think of this fly. It my Peacock Flash Caddis.

Attachments

• Peacock_Flash_Caddis.jpg
    Peacock_Flash_Caddis.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 12
What is the recipe for that fly besides the obvious peacock herl I would assume?

It actually has no peacock hearl in it at all. It does have a peacock colored body though.

Kyle,

Looks like some ice dubbing with ribbing and a bead.

the beads are a greenish/peacock color [mod. edit],... If they are good ones they would be TOHO beads, the best in glass.

Sandfly there is only one bead and its gold. [mod. edit] Also its a little more than ice dubbing. Simple flies work though.

Also the beads I use were forged in the fire of hell using endangered baby seal's tears to cool them down before they were given to me. haha just kidding.

HCsteel your from Erie? How did you do for the steel last fall and this spring?

Leteras wrote:
Also the beads I use were forged in the fire of hell using endangered baby seal's tears to cool them down before they were given to me. haha just kidding.

Hhaahahahahahahaha thats funny right there

nativebrookie do you fish for steelhead or just trout?

Just trout, but I have been slowly gearing up for steelhead, with aspirations to head up to erie this fall. Now that I go to school in the western half of the state, it will be a little bit easier. I got myself a decent Large Arbor reel with a real nice drag, and an 8wt to match. One of these days

Before the private conversations continue, you might want to explore the PM feature here at PAFF.

Well if you ever want to go up I know the spots well and what flies are good. I carry 5 full fly boxes of flies. I know its over kill but whenever I leave something at home thats what they are hitting on.

Leteras wrote:
Sandfly there is only one bead and its gold. [mod. edit] Also its a little more than ice dubbing. Simple flies work though.

Leteras,

Would you mind posting the entire recipe? The great thing about this forum is the sharing of knowledge. While pictures are great, they often do not present a good representation of the fly. We could all continue guessing, but it might benefit everyone if you could just list the materials.

Thanks,

Steve

Back