Official PAFF 2008 Fly swap

My bad. Release week at work, exams at school, and tons of procrastination. I'll have em out today if I finish in time. Otherwise monday.

mattm, check your pm.

I'm just bustin ya. Go EAGLES

Fourteen of my better parachute ties ever. Damn you guys making me send these out. :lol: The bodies aren't my best work... the dubbing was being a pain in the rear, but I like how my hackling has been going.

I'm am still missing JayL's but they are in the mail and I am missing Brown trouts, but he is not responding to my IM's. When I get all th photos done I will be mailing them out. Also if you didn't send a recipe with your flies you can email them to me and I'll pass it on to Jack.

I'll post my recipe here:

Hook: short shank curved "caddis"
Tail: Yellow Mallard
Body: TCO "East Coast" sulphur dubbing
Hackle: Light Ginger

Tie in tails and post, dub body, wrap the parachute. It's a straight forward parachute tie. Mix and match colors and materials as you see fit.

So what's the latest word on the swap?

MattM
Received flies today (3-19-08)
Great bunch of flies guys
Thanks for hosting swap Matt
beadhead2 :-D

Oh sure henry got his first, Matt probaly ran over with them special for him.....lol...

All the flies have been mailed. Sorry for the delay. I will try and get pictures to Jack ASAP. Hope everyone is as pleased as I was.

MattM..I did send my flies to you, right? I was thinking DJ did this one...man, too many swaps this year I guess...

Yes I received them, and you had it right I was sorting and trying to take a decent picture

Picked mine up at my sister's today when I went over for Easter dinner. Nice set of flies.

Mine arrived over the weekend. Thanks for the great ties.

Got my set this morning! Great ties everyone!

came today....

got mine today 14 flies, but one was my own

so 13 flies, is that right?

i could always wait til' they post pictures of the swap to see if i am missing one

great ties

2bonthewater

Got mine today too. Very nice. One of these days I'm going to try that woven body technique. ANy additional advice on how not to make a mess of it and still maintain my "normal" mental status?

I received an unexpected gift of flies yesterday. Thanks for including me in the distribution and to all of the tiers for winding-up an extra one for that purpose. They are all very impressive ties, certainly much neater than I can tie for myself.

I recently began inventory of what I have on hand so I can fill the gaps and be ready for the mayfly season that is literally right around the corner. Thanks again for the batch of flies. I will put them to good use. :-D

everyone got one of their own flies back because one of the participants didn't participate. Also one each went to JackM and Dave Kile. I will try and finish the pictures ASAP

Back