North Central stream reports.

S

shopmouse

Can anyone provide a report on North Central PA. Heading up tomorrow through Sunday. Are Kettle and Pine fish-able? Or will this be another fly tying marathon at camp?

All streams have been flushable for months if not years and decades ;-)

Spent last weekend in the Sinnemahoning area. Water was high and very cold. Fishing was tough due to the water levels and, I think, the sudden drop in temperature (from 80 to 40/50 in a day). Should be good to go by now. Didn't see any redds. Fish the smaller water/tribs.

shopmouse wrote:
Can anyone provide a report on North Central PA. Heading up tomorrow through Sunday. Are Kettle and Pine fish-able? Or will this be another fly tying marathon at camp?

Well....how did it turn out? Don’t leave us hanging.

Lotsa rain on the way- late Friday night through Saturday

I was up all last week and everything was fishing great. I fished the same watershed Raftman fished and had some good days, as well as on the Allegheny. I didn't fish the Cross Fork/Kettle area this time, as I fished them the weekend prior, but the gauge on Kettle is looking good right now.

The_Sasquatch wrote:
I was up all last week and everything was fishing great. I fished the same watershed Raftman fished and had some good days, as well as on the Allegheny. I didn't fish the Cross Fork/Kettle area this time, as I fished them the weekend prior, but the gauge on Kettle is looking good right now.

Just an edit: I was there the week AFTER Raftman, so conditions have improved since his trip.

Back