Javelin389t

Newbie here. I’m from southeast pa , green lane reservoir area. This looks to one of the best sites I’ve seen for fishing. Looks like a lot knowledge reading some of the posts. Anyway , I’ll fish for anything. but trying to get back into fly fishing. Haven’t done it much in probably 20 + years. Hoping to figure out how to do it in saltawater ( in the surf ).

Glad to have you aboard. GG

Greetings MrJ...welcome to PAFF.
Your impression is correct.
This is a GREAT group here.

Regarding Saltwater ambitions...
A VERY PRIMARY thing to keep in mind in how variable a marine environment can b.

On any given day, the conditions might look good to your eye,but there r NUMEROUS other factors at play.
This can lead to fish less days, and broken confidence.

Always keep good bluegill, bass & trout friendly water on your " pocket list"

....good news, also, as u start your Saltwater/Surf research..
VERY frequently fish ( Stripers) feed in the shallow surf...barely knee height.
So, resist your " instinct" that u have to bomb your casts w super long distance.
Keep doing your homework.
Good Luck.

Greetings MrJ...welcome to PAFF.
Your impression is correct.
This is a GREAT group here.

Regarding Saltwater ambitions...
A VERY PRIMARY thing to keep in mind in how variable a marine environment can b.

On any given day, the conditions might look good to your eye,but there r NUMEROUS other factors at play.
This can lead to fish less days, and broken confidence.

Always keep good bluegill, bass & trout friendly water on your " pocket list"

....good news, also, as u start your Saltwater/Surf research..
VERY frequently fish ( Stripers) feed in the shallow surf...barely knee height.
So, resist your " instinct" that u have to bomb your casts w super long distance.
Keep doing your homework.
Good Luck.
Thanks for the welcomes. Bruce , thanks for the tips. I know it’s not going to be easy. The travel time alone makes it a challenge.

Welcome J.If you want to keep travel time down,you might want to try fishing MD...Deer Creek, Octorara for shad..season starts soon.Not salt but brackish

Welcome, I don't live are from you. I'm about 5 minutes from Green Lane. Fish the Tully, Little Lehigh quite often...

Thanks AFISHN. I’ll keep that in mind. Phillyjoe maybe we’ll cross paths. do you strictly flyfish ? I fish a lot of local stocked places with spin gear. Unami ,east branch perkiomen creek ,etc.

Back